We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Badges

Brookfield, WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Badges

Please send me a summary of your various badges and the requirements to be able to receive each one. Thank you.

Jeff T. From Brookfield

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,378 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Badges

Hi Jeff,

Go to the Help Center (link at the bottom of each Tripadvisor page, click on Visit Help Center). Search for Badges. The first two hits are the pages you want to read.

Cheers,

Silvia

Essex
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Badges

Er, you do know they are not real badges, don't you?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Badges

yes they a virtual badges ,I am in the process of manufacturing a special virtual polish that will allow you to give them a great shine.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,706 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Badges

You can see your badges under your avatar here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d1755…

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Badges

>> I am in the process of manufacturing a special virtual polish that will allow you to give them a great shine.

I could add some special effects to make the badges light up and spin when you hover over them - The only problem is that it might be the only one of my suggestions that TA actually implements!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,953 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Badges

I want mine to squirt water like a clown flower.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Badges

>> I want mine to squirt water like a clown flower.

Your wish is my command: http://goo.gl/gLgYee

Edited: 23 August 2014, 21:06
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,953 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Badges

It is my sincere hope that TA staff has that kind of sense of humor.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,020 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Badges

LOL, that's funny Mymsman, but now I'm afraid to make any comments about my "badge" ;-)

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Badges

On a more serious note, I'd like my badges as graphics (GIFs, JPGs, or PNGs) that I can post on my writing and travel websites. They'd serve as links to TripAdvisor, so people can click and read my reviews (as well as others').

Several other sites do this, and it's an "everyone wins" kind of deal. The site gets more traffic from the backlink, and each person who's earned the virtual badge... well, it gives us a little more credibility as writers.

In real life, no, I'm not letting places know that I write travel reviews and articles. I don't want special treatment... or flames for being honest when a place I visited was simply horrendous.

I just like the extra cred that badges give me on my websites, and the opportunity to link back to the sites I write for, in a way that looks professional.

Edited: 21 October 2014, 11:14