We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

In fact, it disappeared! I noticed TA is very weak (has few listings) of "Attractions" so I decided to list some places I know about nearby. What a hassle. Something goes wrong almost every time if it isn't already listed on TA.

I tried to list a golf course in Sourhfield, MI (Beech Woods Golf Course) and filled out the form and wrote a review, and submitted it. Nothing. No email acknowledgement, either accepting or declining. I don't have a copy of what I wrote using my iPhone. It's been about a week, I think. Why do I even bother?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,055 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

If your review is pending, open the full site with your iPhone Safari. You should see it in your Contributions Notifications, marked with a red number. If you click on it, you'll see the text of your review.

A new listing request can take several weeks, even a month. So if you see the review pending, you need to wait till the listing is approved (or not) and your review posted.

Silvia

Edited: 27 August 2014, 17:29
Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

Thank you, I'll try that

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

New listings are a mess, first get a place listed, next write the review....if you still remember something or if the place has not closed down :-(

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

The review I wrote with a new listing request is shown on my review page ( http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews ) as pending but does not show up as a red notification. TripAdvisor's method of displaying similar submissions may vary.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

Silvia, since you posted this I have searched all over both the TA iPhone app and the full site on my home computer and I have never seen anything like "Contribution Notifications" or a red number. Where is it?

Edited: 28 August 2014, 17:46
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

As I said above, not every new listing request shows up with a red notification. I have sent you a private message which should show up as a red notification near the top top right hand corner of your profile page on a computer (I have no experience with the TA app): http://www.tripadvisor.com/members

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

Hoogo,

I used the link you supplied and found a very valuable page titled "Member Reviews" which shows my missing post as "pending " and shows every review I ever posted, the date, and the number of "Helpful" votes! Thank you! I never knew this page existed!

I tried to access it again directly from the TA site on my home computer and absolutely failed to find it. The only way I know how to open it right now is from your link ! I haven 't been able to access it from my iPhone.

I have the box checked to email me when you (or another member) sends a message so that's how I knew to read a message. Haven't looked at my home computer to see if there's a red anything. I'll keep looking for it.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 05:22
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,175 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

To find your reviews on a computer, look up top where you can see your name. Click and choose Contributions from the drop down.

This takes you to a map page and a bunch of pretty, but annoying photo tiles (don't ask). Above the top right tile you can see "Contributions by type." Here you can choose Forums or Reviews as well as any other contributions you have made, such as Traveller Articles or Trip Lists.

As well on that page, above the map and to the top left where your name and mini avatar are, you can see "Your Trip Advisor." Click this open to access a number of parts of your account that you can explore.

Just a heads up about terms on here. A post is what you write here on a thread. A review is what you add to a listing. A message is a note someone sends you through the PM (Private Messaging) system. The box gets checked to get notification (by email) of further activity on a thread, a.k.a. a new reply.

When you get to that Reviews page, the red number to the top right should show up to tell you a review is pending. Enjoy exploring your account.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,055 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

Harry C,

Go to your Contributions page by clicking on the down arrow next to your user name and avatar. Right under the search box (top of page), you'll see Notifications and a number in red (if you have pending reviews). Click on the number, then on the review you want to see. It'll be displayed on the listing page of the business with the "pending review" sign next to the bubble rating (only visible to you)..

Silvia

10. Re: I tried to create a new listing and it hasn't appeared

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16