We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms for trip

Riga, Latvia
2 posts
Save Topic
Rooms for trip

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to ask someone about this site http://roomsfortrip.com/en, they contact me directly by my phone number, with the possibility to put my advertisement. By the phone call they are present them like a one of the Tripadvisor sites. Payment for year 149 Euro per 2 year. Could you please tell me if that is true?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

65 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,781 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms for trip

Hi anxun24;

You can view all the "TripAdvisor Inc" operated companies, here on the site.

https:/…caen-about-us

"roomsfortrip.com" does NOT appear to be a TripAdvisor Inc. company.

Best Regards

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
27,597 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms for trip

And there is also to note, TripAdvisor is not in possession of the phone number of its users.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,781 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms for trip

loremat;

The OP only joined TA today to ask their question.

Best Regards

Riga, Latvia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms for trip

Hi!

They are calling me and sending me the e-mails that they are the partners of Tripadvisor, and they are going to increase properties in Latvia.

Sending me the prices...

All this is false as I understand....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,781 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms for trip

Yes...that is correct. False advertisements.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
27,597 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms for trip

Yes, I know RescueTeam (post # 3). However, I thought I'd point it out for other users who might read this topic in future.

Nijmegen, The...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms for trip

They also called me.Very pushy. Acted as if I'm stupid for not wanting to advertise. Told the guy there's was no need to be unfriendly and he just didn't stop. Said that that was probably the reason why their business gets bad reviews and it gave me another reason not to do business with them.I just hung up the phone.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,781 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms for trip

>>I just hung up the phone.<<

Exactly what anyone should do !

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,832 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms for trip

As with all unsolciited calls, don't engage these people in any kind of conversation.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms for trip

This morning i received a call from a 'room for trip' representative, asking me to list my property on their website. i was immediately sceptic about all this. i searched on google for any info about this company apart from it's own web page and happened to come across this forum. From what i read in this thread it seems that they are not to be dealt with. Am i right? Thanks to all the above in this thread for this important info as it i very asy to gt scammed these days.!

Reply to: Rooms for trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted