We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impersonation....

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
Impersonation....

Hi.

Please could someone help me out? I was notified by an old friend, that still works at a property I used to work on, that someone had posted something and used my name. I have clicked report as inappropriate but I read that unless a bunch of people report it nothing will be done.

The post is here: https:/…AAD01C64BFFE3D64D9C86FC598F95005

So my question is now how do I go about getting this removed as I did not post it and impersonating someone without consent is illegal.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards

Cameron (Btw I NEVER use Cam as I hate that nickname and would never use it like they have on the impersonating post)

15 replies to this topic
Ireland
9 posts
1 review
1. Re: Impersonation....

Apparently they have forged my signature on some forms and sent it into Trip Advisor as proof I own the company. Which of course I don't. I don't even live in the UK anymore. Please can someone help me sort this out as it seems to be getting out of hand now.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,397 posts
2. Re: Impersonation....

report it to the police

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Impersonation....

I’m afraid I don’t understand which review it is that you think has been posted in your name, since I can’t see one by a “Cam” anywhere there. Can you be more specific?

And proof you own which company? The Fat Pigeon?

Edited: 21 November 2017, 13:36
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,556 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Impersonation....

Nikeyecam76

that's the only name with cam in it...but why do you think it has anything to do with you? If that's the review in question.

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
5. Re: Impersonation....

If you click the link and go to the Q&A section and look at the second question about terrible reviews and click all answers you will see both responses that have my name but only ONE I actually typed out.

And yes the fat pigeon is the company in question. I do not own any companies.

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
6. Re: Impersonation....

Sorry duplicate post. Don't know if anyone can delete this comment.

Edited: 21 November 2017, 14:19
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Impersonation....

Well. I’m guessing your complaint worked as it’s not there now, only your recent post saying the above answer (and there is no “above answer”) is not your.

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
8. Re: Impersonation....

Someone must have just taken it down because I looked a few mins ago and it was still there. But I still have the problem of me "apparently" owning the business.

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
9. Re: Impersonation....

I mean according to trip advisor

Ireland
9 posts
1 review
10. Re: Impersonation....

What do I do about getting in touch with Trip Advisor as I was told my signature was forged on a form and sent in as proof that I am the owner of the business? Because I'm not and did not sign any such form.

Reply to: Impersonation....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted