We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii)

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii)

I have received word from TA that a review I have posted is attributed to the wrong address. This is not the case at all. The address for the Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii) is as it should be. I am concerned that because my review was strongly negative (and well-deserved) the property is trying to have it removed by creating false allegations (ie; the address is incorrect). I have written many reviews over the years for various sites, most glowing, and have always maintained professionalism. I have never given as negative a review as this, and this is the first time an issue has arisen. The negative review (written professionally) was warranted, and will be useful for future travellers. I have followed the links provided in order to address the issue, only to end up, each time, with a message that the action cannot proceed and to try again later. In its note to me, TripAdvisor states: "Please note, if the location isn’t confirmed or corrected before Jan 21, 2018, your review will be removed from this listing." The problem is that I simply cannot, as much as I try, confirm the address. I meet a dead end each time. If my review is removed (wrongfully), will I be permitted to submit the same review again? I am not sure how to proceed. Any input on how to avoid having my review taken down because of a mistaken belief that the address is incorrect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,104 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii)

You've not reached a TA Office. Regular members participate here to assist as best they can.

Take a copy of your review a.s.a.p. and save it in a Word doc while you are dealing with this.

The glitch in responding to the email is known here. Not sure when it will be fixed.

It is always a good idea to name the property you are reviewing in the body of your review. Reduces the owner's ability to use the "wrong property" reason if/when they report to TA.

In truth, your review does not sound much like a personal experience, which may be a part of the reason it might get removed. A lot of it reads like a grocery list, in a way, rather than :-

I arrived at the hotel to be greeted by unfriendly, insolent and indifferent check-in staff ........

We found the floors filthy and had to wear socks at all times .....

There is a really good personal experience described about the phone charge which is what a review needs.

My 2 cents.

Edited: 21 January 2018, 04:15
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
26,523 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii)

Yes, there are technical issues reported by several members receiving that verification email.

As we are just members here in this forum we can’t do much, apart from giving an alternative method to contact TA Staff to let them know you want to confirm but that email link won’t work. As MuftiVancouver says, copy your review in case it gets removed in the meantime, though Staff should be able to retrieve it. Maybe also take a screenshot or photo of your booking confirmation for the hotel, or room card displaying its name and your room number, so you can offer to email that to Tripadvisor as proof you stayed at that particular hotel.

Contact Staff by opening this link and following the steps I give below the link -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/GeneralSuppor…

-after opening that link scroll down to the second menu box. Scroll right through the options and click on Questions about Guidelines.

-ignore the suggested articles and scroll down

-type into the comments box telling staff you are having trouble verifying using the email they sent you about .....hotel and your review and you have proof you stayed at that hotel.

-click submit.

The deadline to verify will likely come and go before they action your query so the review may be removed in the meantime, hopefully Staff will see you did stay there and review the right place and then they can reinstate your review.

I hope that helps.

Reply to: Pacific Marina Inn Airport (Hawaii)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted