We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviewing pictures disappearing

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
35 helpful votes
Reviewing pictures disappearing

I have recently had to repost two reviews due to images not coming up at first I thought I was not submitting them properly, However they appeared briefly, but today I have come back to discover they have vanished again. The ones before that I did back in June and earlier are still showing images so its only the most recent ones.

Edited: 17 September 2023, 11:17
49 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,517 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
1. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Photos do not always appear at the same time as the review.

If you deleted the reviews, the photos would have also been deleted.

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Thanks for responding quickly, both my reviews are up and the photos were originally showing yesterday, but now they are not i check again tomorrow to see if they appear.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,517 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
3. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Perhaps the photos have been reported and removed until a ‘human’ can check them.

United States
Level Contributor
787 posts
1,187 reviews
36,095 helpful votes
4. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Rebecca M, this removal of photos has been an ongoing issue lately for many contributors, submitting reviews with photos. Photos are submitted, they show up in the Activity Feed, then they -- one after another -- "vanish" from the screen. I had a similar experience during the last week, when a review was "stripped off" all the photos, and another two sets of photos (without a review) were also removed. Upon contacting the TA and reporting the issue, I did get some help, and those photos were restored by TA.

However, a new review I posted yesterday had the same outcome as far as photos: the review is posted, the photos are gone. TA now is aware of what is going on, and I was officially informed, that this issue has been reported to the TA Technical Department. How soon they will be able to restore the removed photos and resolve the issue usually depends on their scheduled workload.

In this atmosphere of continuous problems and anticipated solutions, try not to resubmit the same photos (or reviews) all over again -- the outcome won't change, these contributions will be automatically removed.

United States
Level Contributor
787 posts
1,187 reviews
36,095 helpful votes
5. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Apparently, the photos that have been restored by two TA Customer Support agents on September 13, 2023 and September 16, 2023, have been removed again. The total of missing Photos for the last 3 days comes now to 27. Actually, I did say in my previous post on the subject "try not to resubmit the same photos ... all over again", only that referred to contributors, and not to TA staff. The issue now looks like a serious malfunction (glitch, error, etc) of the system.

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Thank you for letting me know about the issue I thought it was a bit weird them vanishing. I have not touched the reviews for now just left them there without photos hopefully they will fix the issue soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
74 posts
1,535 reviews
6,770 helpful votes
7. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

“We are almost happy other contributors experience one of the problems we encounter with Tripadvisor. All the pictures we entered yesterday evening (without reviews) are gone today. Yet they were visible yesterday evening.”

United States
Level Contributor
787 posts
1,187 reviews
36,095 helpful votes
8. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Hello Rebecca M and Trainbleu: if you -- like many other contributors -- have this issue with the removed Photos, one of the more efficient ways to solve this problem is to inform TripAdvisor about it. The List of options how to contact TA Support on various issues is given on the top right of the Forum screen. You can also contact TA Support through Help Center (it's listed on your Profile page, click and then follow the menu).

The fact of the matter is, that the issue with Photos seems to be happening at random, affecting many (but not all) TA contributors from different countries. As of now, the issue is being worked on, but so far it gets resolved on the basis of personal reports.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
32,641 posts
12,485 reviews
27,209 helpful votes
9. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

I'm experiencing the same problem. All photos submitted with reviews after 12 September have disappeared usually within a few hours of being posted. This has happened 2 or 3 times over the years where all photo submissions appear for a short while before disappearing into the TA ether. Unfortunate to see this photo vanquishing bug infecting TA yet again.

It is annoying but little you can do for the time being other than to hold off photo submissions for a while until there are reports that the Ta engineers have mended the problem. Then go back and load them to TA if you feel inclined to do so.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
74 posts
1,535 reviews
6,770 helpful votes
10. Re: Reviewing pictures disappearing

Contacting TA support? Each time we tried this we ended up in some kind of loop and never got anywhere.

Reply to: Reviewing pictures disappearing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.