We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
176 reviews
42 helpful votes
Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site

I tried to log into “tripadvisor.co.uk” and found myself on “en.tripadvisor.com.hk”. This appeared to mimic a normal site but asked me to reregister including lots of information including credit card details etc which rang alarm bells. I stopped & blocked it & changed my logon details at the proper site, but if someone at Tripadvisor reads this and its not an authentic site, you want to get it taken down.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
128 posts
Tripadvisor Staff  
1. Re: Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site

Hi MarkH338 ,

We moved your topic to the Support Forum where fellow members may have an answer for you. Please note that forum moderators are not able to assist with support questions. For help from staff rather than other members (for example, for assistance with points), contact our Support Team via the Help Center:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Best regards,

Tripadvisor Community Moderator

Franklin

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
3,270 reviews
64,764 helpful votes
2. Re: Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site

interesting

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
80,944 posts
88 reviews
2,048 helpful votes
3. Re: Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site

Hi

I use www.tripadvisor.co.uk all the time and so far have had no issues

Reply to: Beware Bogus TripAdvisor Site
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.