We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romance scam in Istanbul

Downey, California
1 post
Romance scam in Istanbul

Am I allowed to post a review (warning) about a person I met that worked at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul that romanced me then scammed me for money? I did buy luggage from his business at the Bazaar and then agreed to go for a drink with him. How and where would I post warning on TripAdvisor?

4 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
108,280 posts
99 reviews
638 helpful votes
1. Re: Romance scam in Istanbul

Hi Moni;

You can't post a review of the Grand Bazaar but you can post a comment on the Istanbul forum. That forum is...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293974-i368-Istanbul.html

Best Regards

2. Re: Romance scam in Istanbul

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user.

What are forum guidelines? Edited: 17 February 2024, 12:11

Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
50,796 posts
101 reviews
449 helpful votes
3. Re: Romance scam in Istanbul

Warning about what?

Somerset, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
67 reviews
120 helpful votes
4. Re: Romance scam in Istanbul

Moni that isn't a scam.

It's part of the known world and slightly more edgy in some countries so it's more that you didn't understand that going for a drink with a stranger is likely to lead to trouble.

Understanding the culture of where you are visiting is worth looking up.

Reply to: Romance scam in Istanbul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.