We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merging 2 accounts. Not working

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
44 reviews
26 helpful votes
Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Hi, I am trying to merge 2 tripadvisor accounts. The process was quite simple and I followed the instructions which ask you to enter the email address of the account you want to remove and merge with another. They are then supposed to send an email to that email address and you follow the links. HOWEVER...I keep getting no email? Is this a glitch. I have waited and tried 3 times, but still am not getting an email. Please help!

13 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
1. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Repeated requests will just start the clock again.

How long have you been waiting for an email since the most recent request?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
44 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

I have been waiting over 2 hours before requesting again. Website says that it will reset after an hour of email not being acted on. I just am not receiving anything. My email is correct and working.

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried on Safari (on an Imac) and Chrome (on a windows laptop). I have cleared browser history and waited a long time before trying again. Nothing happens and no email appears.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
101,370 posts
234 reviews
194 helpful votes
4. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Just contact TA_Staff directly (not on a weekend if you prefer top-tier employees.) See the Top questions on the right, full TripAdvisor website.

Note that TA seems to enjoy offering unrealistic time-lines or things like that. And they don't want correct / accurate information to replace the silly stuff - we have asked.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Also having same issue.

Contacting TA Staff directly does not seem to be an option as when you follow the dialogue through 'Account details' and then 'combine my two Tripadvisor accounts' , the dialogue ends with no further action to complete.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
6. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Try this….

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AccountMerge

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,370 posts
234 reviews
194 helpful votes
7. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Here is a text box to Account Staff that usually works: https://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport-a_category.60-a_topic.103-a_level3.10208

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
44 reviews
26 helpful votes
8. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

None of these links take you to an email or enquiry submission. Its like there is no way to contact Tripadvisor? Has anyone been in touch with or have an actual email address? All these links just take you over and over the information on how to merge accounts -which dont work when you follow them. Seriously is there no support for tripadvisor?

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,370 posts
234 reviews
194 helpful votes
9. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

I don't know why your browser won't allow you to click "Submit". I opened the link in Reply 7. I filled in the text box, requesting that TA help you. I included the URL to this thread. Then I clicked "Submit." No problems. I am using Chrome.

Did you try one of the other ideas in the Top questions? There are several good ones. I think it's really odd that none of them worked for you. Is your email glitching? Are you using an obscure outdated browser? I don't know why nothing works for you when everyone else can use those ideas. Lots of members contact TA_Staff all the time!

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k14591169

"Has anyone been in touch with or have an actual email address?"

Yes!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
30,571 posts
350 reviews
178 helpful votes
10. Re: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Save

Like PNWF, I have been in touch with staff numerous times over the years and 99% of the time, get a timely response.

Reply to: Merging 2 accounts. Not working
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.