We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
13 helpful votes
Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

I recently created a review (see https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g652121-d291104-r946979516-THB_Tropical_Island-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html?m=19905) that contained several images of the problems with the hotel. Initially, the images appeared when looking at the review on a computer but they did not show on a mobile device. Now, some 18 hours later the images have also vanished when viewed on a computer. Under my profile, the images I uploaded do not show either.

This doesn't seem to be a one-off as I initially created the review 24 hours ago and noticed the images in that review had also vanished. I deleted the review and recreated it in case the problem was caused by me. Repeating the process has resulted in the same problem.

Is TripAdvisor removing images from negative reviews? If so, this site is no longer a reliable resource.

5 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
75,106 posts
1,870 reviews
472 helpful votes
1. Re: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

Scroll down. Lots of threads about photo issues. Has nothing to do with ratings.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

Ah, thanks. I noticed other threads where started in 2023 so disregarded them as relevant, but now it seems like an old bug is back.

California
Level Contributor
75,106 posts
1,870 reviews
472 helpful votes
3. Re: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

The higher they appear on the board, the more recently they have been updated.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
101,764 posts
234 reviews
194 helpful votes
4. Re: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

Note that when the TripAdvisor photo feature works, photos are published later than the review. Be patient rather than removing the review.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
30,812 posts
350 reviews
178 helpful votes
5. Re: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished

I see 9 photos with your review.

Reply to: Review created with pictures, now they have vanished
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.