We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

West Yellowstone...
2 posts
Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

Tripadvisor can you please stop sending numerous emails after I look at anything on your site! 2 days ago I looked at a local trail to see what people were saying about it. Now I keep getting emails suggesting I book it now. What the heck are you talking about? It's so exasperating to receive meaningless emails. Your site isn't evening acknowledging what I'm looking at, just sending me more crap emails. I am super reluctant to look at anything on your site as I'll get 5-10 emails asking me if I'm still interested or telling me to book a free hike on my local trail.

5 replies to this topic
Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
75 reviews
59 helpful votes
1. Re: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

You control the emails that you receive from TripAdvisor. Go to your "account info" & click on "settings" then select "subscriptions ". At subscriptions change your settings for the emails and marketing materials you want to or do not want to receive from TA.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
20 posts
86 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Level Contributor
139 posts
Tripadvisor Staff  
3. Re: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

Hi Erin,

We moved your topic to the Support Forum where fellow members may have an answer for you. Please note that forum moderators are not able to assist with support questions. For help from staff rather than other members (for example, for assistance with points), contact our Support Team via the Help Center:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Best regards,

Franklin

Tripadvisor Community Moderator

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
157,399 posts
8,714 reviews
4,256 helpful votes
4. Re: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

I answer posts like you and then the trip advisor sends me the same type of emails - please complete booking your trip. its like the people at trip advisor don't even think the forum exists and people answer questions of places they've been and are not booking.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
23,459 posts
142 reviews
71 helpful votes
5. Re: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!

#4 you need to change your settings, as in #1, then you won't get these.

Any others now go in my spam.

Reply to: Could Tripadvisor Please Stop The Useless Emails!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.