We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Map

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
Travel Map

Hello!

My problem is that I cannot open large version of Travel Map with my pins. It is opened with some mistake without any pins. The same and my map and if I want to look in other prifiles... But when map is small I can see all pins.

Can you help me?

thanks.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,675 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Map

At the bottom of each page, there is a line that starts with the tiny little words -- About Us. At the end of that line are the words Help Center. By clicking on this, it will take you into an area where you can look up questions and hopefully get answers.

But for your problem, try clicking on this link, and maybe that will help (it's part of the Help Center). If not, just click on the blue *contact us* and that will give you a way to email TA with your question.

Good luck :-)

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_add_pins_to_your…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Map

I think, TA has some trouble with its maps today. I have a problem similar to the one that Irina has, and yesterday my map was working fine.

Irina, if this is not fixed in a day or so, can you submit a bug report and let us know about the results here?

Note that I see this problem not only with my own map, but with other people's maps as well. There is a green sign "Loading Travel Map..." at the top of the map and it stays there forever.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Map

Hi IrinaStP and Galina_Ov,

Galina_Ov is right, the travel map was acting up today, not sure exactly what the problem was but the engineers just fixed it and it should be working now.

Irina, I'm not exactly sure whether the problem you were seeing is the same thing but can you try again and see if it works for you now? Are you using the Facebook Cities I've Visited map on Facebook (sounds like you are) or the map on TripAdvisor? Both maps were affected today.

Thanks for your patience while we were working on it!

Best Regards,

TA_Jeanine

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Map

Thanks a lot! It's working now for me.

5. Re: Travel Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:32