We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanishing Reviews?

Seattle
Level Contributor
35 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Vanishing Reviews?

Hey -

I wrote a review for my stay at the Lime Tree hotel in London sometime towards the end of 2006 and/or the beginning of 2007 (dont remember exactly when), and when I was looking through my submissions, I didnt see it.

Do they go through and purge reviews older than a couple of years? Is there a way to retrieve it? It was my only copy, so I cant re-post it again.

Seattle
Level Contributor
35 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanishing Reviews?

Oh, and checking my submitted pictures, the ones of the hotel are gone too.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanishing Reviews?

Hi Tardis-Geek,

You'll need to contact TripAdvisor directly to find out what happened, they do not comment about individual situations in the forums. No, they normally due not purge reviews based on age.

To contact them regarding this type of issue - go to review guidelines in the Help Center at: tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_trav… and scroll down to the bottom to find the Contact Us link. Submit your question via that form and TripAdvisor will reply via the email listed in your profile.

I can tell you two of the common reasons reviews are removed:

1. TA sent you a verification request regarding your review and you did not reply (you have to click a link) maybe you didn't get the email because your email address is changed, whatever - it happens. They verify a small number of reviews at random this way after they have been published. (This is different from the verification you do at the time of publication)

2. If a hotel is bought by new owners - they can work with TripAdvisor to get old reviews removed that were written during the time the old owners had the place.

Since the oldest review for the Lime Tree is in August of 2008 - I'm kinda thinking that is what happened.

But write to TA and you'll know for sure.

Best of luck,

-Noah

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Vanishing Reviews?

Tardis-Geek,

Thank you for submitting this question. I have doe some research and the Lime Tree Hotel now has new owners and we have removed the old reviews.

Hope this helps!

Barbara-

4. Re: Vanishing Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:19