We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

I noticed, while sending a pm today, that there were 2 words in 'wavy writing' below my written reply. It was necessary to type in the 'verification words' before I was able to send my reply.

Something new, obviously...But why?

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
391. Re: New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

I'm also having trouble sending a private message; no verification text appears. I'd appreciate any help resolving this.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
392. Re: New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

Hi eswierk,

Thanks for posting in the thread. Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the feature, but I wanted to let you know that we've made some adjustments to your account and you should be able to send PMs without any trouble at this time.

If you have any further trouble, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

TA_Louise

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
393. Re: New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I can't see the captcha text to send a private message. Hope to hear from you soon. Rgds. Divya6

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
394. Re: New 'verification' words needed before replying to pm's?

Hi Divya6,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums! It looks like you have since resolved the problem you were having and have been able to send private messages. If you have any further trouble, though, please let us know.

Best regards,

TA_Louise