We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Million Miles Contest

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
180 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Million Miles Contest

I received the e-mail about the contest on Thursday, Mar. 26 at 9:23am. I clicked on the link to enter the contest soon after that.

I read the rules and saw that I am allowed to enter once per week.

Well, I tried to enter again yesterday, Thursday, April 2 and it told me that I have already entered for this week. I tried again later that evening and got the same response.

Then I figured that maybe I'd have to actually wait until the 8th day after I initially entered so I tried again this morning with the same response that I'd already entered this week.

What gives?

Will I be able to enter again or not?

Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Million Miles Contest

This happened to me as well.

Hope we can get an answer.

Thank you.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
1,071 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Million Miles Contest

I too could not enter again :-(

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Million Miles Contest

Well, maybe that means that the number of people entering is going to be less, therefore making your chances of winning much higher? At least you had the chance of entering, those of us outside the US didn't get a chance.

4. Re: Million Miles Contest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2009, 11:54
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Million Miles Contest

Hi luv2globetrot,

Thanks for reporting this problem. Since I am a TripAdvisor employee, I am not eligible to participate in the contest, so I cannot test this issue for you directly (and even if I could, I'd have to wait a week before I could confirm the results), but I will forward this report to the engineers immediately.

Best regards,

TA_Jane

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Million Miles Contest

FYI- I tried again today and was able to enter.

ellenss@hotmail.com
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Million Miles Contest

The same thing happened to me. I have been watching for an answer but have not seen anything. Would like to know if anyone gets any information on this problem.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: Million Miles Contest

I have looked at all of your account and verified that you were entered for the second week. It seems as though when you go to sweepstakes page to re-enter the wording on the page is misleading. You are entering for the second week but the message makes you think that you haven't. I've forwarded it to the copy team to have it changed. Hopefully it will be changed before Monday at noon when you can re-enter.

Good luck!

9. Re: Million Miles Contest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 13:17