We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hate mail from hotel owner

Den Haag
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hate mail from hotel owner

What to do if you get a pretty nasty insulting email from a hotel owner because he didn't get a good review from you?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,791 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

Hi Poppekop;

Just to clarify...was this a message sent through the TripAdvisor private message system, or a regular email sent directly to you ?

Best Regards

Den Haag
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

it was a regular email send directly to me. I'd prefer to send you the content rather than putting it up here, so you can judge what to do with it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

Poppekop,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the TripAdvisor forums. We do not allow owners to harass members for submitting reviews. If you can use the link below to send us more info we can take action against the establishment.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/privacy.html

Look forward to hearing from you.

Barbara-

Den Haag
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

I try to email you, but whatever I click on the url you send me, I always and up on the help page with no opportunity to give feedback.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

Poppekop:

Trying to find the 'contact us' on TA requires a private detective, they do not make it easy to find the information at all.

Why?

Go to the page the TA Barbara posted, in the second paragraph you will find 'contact us' highlighted in blue, click on it, it goes to the help page.

Then click on any of the items in the box on the right, it doesn't matter which item as they all link to the contact us page, then in the middle of the page, again, is another 'contact us' link.

Click this link and you will get a text box. Above the text box will be a line of text saying 'subject' delete the text and enter your own subject.

Alternatively click on this link:

www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs…

Personally, if a hotel owner sent me nasty emails, I'd be tempted to post them on the forum for their town/country.

Finally, it would be nice it TA made it easier to 'contact us'.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
6. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

Poppekop,

I'm so sorry! I used the wrong link. Use this one:

www.tripadvisor.com/Support…

Barbara-

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,637 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

Yes, send the information to TA and let them handle it :-)

8. Re: hate mail from hotel owner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 05:23