We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Google Reviews

Pawleys Island, SC
3 posts
Save Topic
Google Reviews

My business is Sea View Inn on Pawleys Island.

I have 27 reviews on your site.

But when you search on Google, for example, "Pawleys Island Bed and Breakfasts", it lists Sea View Inn and provides a link to only 9 reviews?? What is up with that?

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Google Reviews

You have had a lot of recent reviews. Google's results are 'cached' from a recent date, before the recent reviews on TripAdvisor. If you click on the link below the google result, that says Cached, then you will see the results from when the google 'bot' made the last search.

Pawleys Island, SC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Google Reviews

thank you very much for your prompt response. I had a feeling that was part of the problem. But what was throwing me was that one of the more recent reviews was actually in the search results! Will all of the reviews eventually be posted and included in the search result? (ie. will the bot eventually make a pass the pulls in all of the recent reviews?)?

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Google Reviews

If you use the google link that says 'x' reviews, it will take you to the latest page on TripAdvisor, which will include all of the latest reviews.

The google bot will run again, it runs regularly. It will then pick up the latest reviews. Anyone using google will see the latest reviews on TripAdvisor, but the search page on google will most often be a little behind.

Pawleys Island, SC
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Google Reviews

Thanks again.

I know how to navigate to Trip Advisor to see all of the reviews. For me and other internet savvy users, there is no problem.

My concern is the google search result page showing only 9 of the reviews. 2 of the 9 are really bad reviews and those are what most internet surfers are going to see. My question is will THAT particular google search page eventually include all 27 plus future reviews?

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Google Reviews

If I put the following into google:

Sea View Inn Tripadvisor Pawleys Island

I get the top two results showing the Trip Advisor links that mention 20, and 27 reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54384-d226527-… for 20 reviews

and

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g54384-d2265… for 27 (which says 5 hours ago...)

If I click on the links, they both go to the live page which shows 27 reviews.

Maybe if you clear all of your Temporary Internet files, and cookies, you might get a different result. Whatever, the issue seems to be with the google 'Engine' rather than with TripAdvisor.

Hope that helps.

6. Re: Google Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 06:40