We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My post is pending.....

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
401 reviews
Save Topic
My post is pending.....

I posted 2 reviews on 2 different hotels 2 weeks ago. One is posted one is pending....any ideas why or how I can get the review posted?

Thanks.

USA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: My post is pending.....

I am having the same problem. I've had a reveiw pending now for over 10 days. I have also been told by tripadvisor of other reveiws i have tried to post that they would not post them but never given a reason as to why.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My post is pending.....

Im having same problem (see my new post)- i think it's BAD customer service and they need to sort it out!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,707 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My post is pending.....

Welcome to the TripAdvisor Support Forum! This forum is primarily members helping members; if you need to contact TA staff directly, you can use one of the many "Contact Us" links in the Help Center. The Help Center has a tiny link tucked at the bottom of every TripAdvisor page.

Shiraz64,

Even if you submitted both reviews on the same day, it can take longer for one to get posted to the site than the other. Things which typically cause delays are reviewing a place for which you have already had a review posted on the website (the old review must be removed before the new one can be posted), or including photos with a review (the photos need to be approved as well as the review). Assuming you have received and clicked on a link to verify your review, you've done all that you could. I understand that you can now check on your review's progress by going to this page and using the Contact Us link below the main text:

tripadvisor.com/help/when_will_my_review_be_…

Mahusk,

TripAdvisor staff will not respond in the forums to questions about why reviews were not accepted for posting to the site. Speaking in general, it is possible that your review did not meet review guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_trav…

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My post is pending.....

HI Shiraz64.

I think it must be pot luck. I have just done 5 reviews myself and all 5 where posted within 24 hours.

ian480.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,374 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My post is pending.....

I guess it is the luck of the draw then Ian because like the others I have had a review pending for 2 weeks.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My post is pending.....

Thanks I can assure you that the content is fine and no pictures. Its annoying when you go to the trouble of posting and then the system does not allow your post to be seen!

Thanks for all your comments! Tripadvisor get it sorted otherwise you may lose valuable input. Seems I am not the only one!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: My post is pending.....

Shiraz64, both your reviews are now posted.

mahusk, You will need to contact us regarding your review. You can do so by following this link:

tripadvisor.com/help/when_will_my_review_be_…

Barbara-

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My post is pending.....

Thanks

9. Re: My post is pending.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 07:17