We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correcting a Posting

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Correcting a Posting

I recently posted a review of a great resort on trip advisor and for some reason (probably my mistake, but I'm trying to wiggle out of it) it posted as a one star and not 5, which I intended. Is there anyway to correct/fix this? Thanks....

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,762 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Correcting a Posting

Hi panter,

Unfortunately, to correct it, you have to request TA to remove it first and the resubmit it. Copy and paste the text of your review in word processor before you ask for removal so you don't have to type it again. Here's a link to the Help Center with instructions. tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_remove_a_review_…

Silvia

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Correcting a Posting

Silvia

Here's what it says to do:

If you'd like us to remove one of your reviews, simply e-mail us and we'll be happy to remove your review.

Do you know what the email address would be?

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,762 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Correcting a Posting

Oh, sorry, I thought you'd notice where it says "email" you have to click on it (it's a blue link). It's not an email address, but a form. Click on the blue email link; it'll open a form up a form, choose remove review, and pick the review you want to remove. That's all.

Silvia

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Correcting a Posting

Silvia,

Thanks so much - I guess I also need glasses.... Its done - the resort deserves 5* thanks...

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,762 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Correcting a Posting

You're welcome, but please don't run out to see an optometrist first thing tomorrow! Those hyperlinks are easily missed!

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Correcting a Posting

Hahahah....thanks for the laugh and the info. The posting was removed and easily resubmitted (saved in word).....

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Correcting a Posting

Today, Oct. 8, 2009, I submitted a review on Casa Munras hotel in Monterey California. I mistakenly described it as mission style combined with California bungalow. Correction: It is a Craftsman-style bungalow rennovation, not mission style.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's still a beautiful place.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Correcting a Posting

Hi Colorado2Travels;

TripAdvisor staff will not act on your request via the forums. To have your review corrected, you will have to follow the directions that Expat listed in her previous posts above.

Best Regards

9. Re: Correcting a Posting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 06:19