We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

facebook connection

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
facebook connection

how can I disconnect my facebook with tripadvisor? Not the map, but at the top of my screen it shows my facebook picture?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: facebook connection

Hi arubaseabreeze,

If you have mistakenly connected to Facebook and would like to permanently disconnect your TripAdvisor account from your Facebook account, please go to your TripAdvisor Profile and click the "Account Info" tab on the left side of the screen. On the lower right hand side, you will see the Facebook Connect section and from there you can click "Disconnect".

Please note that if you didn't have a photo avatar before the Facebook connect, disconnecting will not revert you back to not having any photo. You can, however, easily change your avatar by going to the "About Me" section of your profile page and click "Edit Photo." From there you will be able to upload another photo of your own or you can opt to use one of our many stock photos instead.

Good luck and please feel free to contact us (using the links in the Help Center at http://www.tripadvisor.com/help) or send me a private message if you encounter any problems.

Best regards,

Louise

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: facebook connection

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Jess

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: facebook connection

How do I get TA to stop automatically ticking the "Connect my TripAdvisor and Facebook profiles" box when I'm replying on a forum?

I have disconnected my fb and TA profiles - I did it once, and somehow they got connected, so last night I disconnected them again using the method stated above.

But having done so, I am annoyed to find the TA system continually defaulting me to the option I have consciously and specifically *refused*.

How can I make it stop????

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,955 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: facebook connection

I don't have a facebook - why is it trying to connect me - I thought TA had killed this one.

Please TA get rid of this once and for all.

helen

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: facebook connection

Oh, and I am so irritated by being stalked by facebook with TA's connivance, that I went to my facebook profile and deleted the only TA application I had, which was a link to my TA travel map.

For once and all: I do not want to connect fb and TA. Period. Ever.

And I want TA to make facebook quit stalking me over here.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: facebook connection

Hi,

Once you uncheck the "Connect my TripAdvisor and Facebook profiles" box when you're posting a reply or new topic the system should remember your preference unless you're posting from a different computer, etc. Are you still finding that once you uncheck the box it reverts to being checked the next time you post?

Thanks,

Dan

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: facebook connection

>.Once you uncheck the "Connect my TripAdvisor and Facebook profiles" box when you're posting a reply or new topic the system should remember your preference unless you're posting from a different computer, etc. Are you still finding that once you uncheck the box it reverts to being checked the next time you post?<<

Absolutely. For more than 24 hours now. Every single time, I uncheck the box before submitting a reply, and every time I hit the "reply" button I see that the system reverts it to being checked by default.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: facebook connection

Me too, same problem with Toofargone !!!!!

Please tell me how to Stop it from asking on each and every post I make.

grrrrr, there it is again, as I am typing here.

Cheers, Debbie

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: facebook connection

TA_Dan, I have done exactly as you said AND changed my account preferences, signed-out completely and signed-in again and it's still there....... please make it stop....lol.

Cheers, Debbie

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
10. Re: facebook connection

There is a bug where it's not remembering when you uncheck the box. It's affecting us here as well and we are working on fixing it.

Sorry!

Barbara-