We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

default english

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
default english

Help!!!!

How can I set up my T.I. page to open in American english?

I live in Venezuela and for about two weeks now whenever I open T.I. it opens in Spanish. I speak, read and write fluent spanish but prefer to have it open in english without having to click on the upper right hand corner flag every time I open the page or switch forums.

How does one set T.I. to english by default in my favorites list???

I have tried everything-am no computer wiz but this should be pretty straight forward.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,973 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: default english

Hi there,

You'll first need to choose the US site using the flags, then sign out TA. When you sign on again, you should be in the US site. If you are not, try deleting your browser's history and cache. If still doesn't work, you'll need to delete TripAdvisor cookies from your browser. Here are some instructions to do this from a Wiki article www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.

I hope that helps.

Silvia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: default english

Good advice from Silvia, though the cookies are a far more likely culprit than your browser's history or cache. So I'd suggest trying the solutions she mentions in a different order:

1. Switch to US and sign out, then sign back in

2. Delete browser cookies

3. Delete browser cache

4. Delete browser history

3. Re: default english

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 06:17