We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with not being listed

Inverness
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Problems with not being listed

We have the largest selection of tours in the Highlands and our business is InvernessTours.com aka Inverness Exclusive Tours. However, on this page: tripadvisor.com/Resources-g186543-Maps-Inver… most of my competitors appear but no matter what I do I cannot get my business listed and my customers keep complaining they cannot put reviews up about us.

I have tried everything in the help and FAQ secions and cannot get anything up. Trip adviser refuse to answer emails telling me to use the owners section - which - of course - I can't because I am not listed.

Can anyone help?

SCREAM!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,800 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with not being listed

Hi InvernessTours,

The page you linked to above is a Resource page. Yes, many tour companies are listed there but do you know that if you are listed as a resource you cannot get reviews?

I'm wondering if you have tried to list as a resource or an attraction. I would suggest that if you try as a resource, to try again as an attraction. Unlike Resources, Attractions can be reviewed on TripAdvisor. Here's a link that explains the different types of listings including attractions and resources. If you feel that you qualify as an attraction, then use the hyperlink of that section to request your listing. www.tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted.html.

I hope that helps.

Silvia

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,043 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with not being listed

Hi InvernessTours;

Looking at the page you linked to, I see your company IS listed, under the miscellaneous area. I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “How to alert us when a listing is incorrect” and click on the “E-mail Us” link in blue text. A text window will open that you can use to e-mail TA asking to be moved up the same resources page to the “Tours” area.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

Resource listings are for information purposes only. Unlike accommodations or attractions, resources are unable to be reviewed.

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,043 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems with not being listed

Hi InvernessTours;

The link that Expat posted includes an extra period. Try this "corrected" link;

www.tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted.html

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,800 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems with not being listed

Thanks, RC. I did again! Second time today with that extra period.

Sivlia

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems with not being listed

I have the same problem, my tour company is listed on the following page;

tripadvisor.com/Resources-g187791-Maps-Rome_…

I want to be listed on this page "things to do" just like all of my competitors, in this way my clients can add their reviews too;

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187791-Activiti…

No matter how many times I emailed and ask, never recived any answer in last 6 months

Can someone tell me why and PLEASE help me !!!

Thank you in advance

Duman

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems with not being listed

Hello all,

I'm sorry for any confusion. Thanks to Expat and RT for their help.

Inverness, if you are not registered as an owner and cannot register (because your property is not listed as an attraction, restaurant, or accommodation), then please email us from this page:

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

Once you are registered as an owner, you can send us updates from the Owners' Center.

I have not looked at the specific tour companies mentioned here, but please note our attraction guidelines on the Get Listed page:

www.tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted.html

Specifically:

"We list permanent places of interest to tourists. Seasonal places (e.g., farmer's markets, flea markets), items solely on the web or services such as classes or information services may be listed as Resources (see below) but not as attractions.

The attraction must have an official name, address and published telephone number. It must be open/available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis. Pre-determined hours or departure times must be published on an official website or in a printed brochure.

If the attraction is not in a fixed place (e.g., tour or cruise), then scheduled departure times, place of departure and destinations (if applicable) must be provided on the website or in the brochure. We list companies that offer Day Tours/Cruises."

Note that an overnight cruise cannot be listed as an attraction on TA.

TA_Sara

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems with not being listed

TA_Sara

I am the owner of the company and I filled your form few times

8. Re: Problems with not being listed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 07:15