We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

In my listing in Mactan Island, Philippines. I automatically apper in Cebu and Lapu Lapu City. Probally because Cebu is the Island and these are provinces of the Island. My question is, My restaurant is ranked no 1 on Mactan Island. But my restaurant also provides the No.1 Filipino Cultural Show in Cebu. Its a dinner and show combination. So i feel it would help me also to be listed in Things To Do, Entertainment, and Culture protions of the same citys i am listed in now. So where i actually have two different things going on in my one business, I was wondering if TA could just move my same listings in Things to do and Entertainment and Culture also of Cebu, Mactan Island and Lapu Lapu City. I appear as a resturant already in these three places........

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Hi cebuexpat,

Did anyone get a hold of you on this? Please let me know and if not, I'll try to find an answer or get someone who can.

Thanks

Noah

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

No Sir , No one has contacted me yet..... I was just being patient, hoping someone could answer or instruct me to someone who could. Thanks......

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

OK - I'll see if I can find someone to answer. My personal feeling is you can have two listings if the show is handled differently from the restaurant. But I don't know that for sure.

We can hope, can't we? :)

I'll send a PM to some people who work at TA and see if they will expand.

Thanks for being patient on this.

-Noah

P.S. as we are just going into the weekend - it may be another 2 days until someone gets to look at it. I hope it will be sooner - but we'll see. Thanks again!

Edited: 23 January 2010, 07:02
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,795 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

I'm pretty certain that the show can be listed as an attraction, but I'm too looking forward to hearing what TA has to say too.

Cheers,

Silvia

Newton...
Level Contributor
108 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Hi cebuexpat,

Thanks for contacting TripAdvisor and thanks for reaching out to us in our forums.

Is it possible for a person to be able to see the shows at your establishment without eating there?

Get back to me whenever you have a chance.

Best Regards,

TA_Wes

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,795 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

TA_Wes,

I'm wondering what if:

1. It's a dinner show, but

2. The restaurant is also open for breakfast and lunch, when there is no show.

What type of listing would this fit into? Attraction, restaurant or both?

Silvia

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Hello Sir,

Yes our customers have the choice of eating a meal with us or just watching the show. You can check our website for conformation. I have it already listed at http://thejunglerestaurant.weebly.com. Checks the reservation page and you will see that no one has to eat at our restaurant to see our shows. They can just watch the show for a entrance fee. I would hope you could take the same listing and reviews and add them to the things to do, and Arts and Culture, and the Attractions, and also Tourist Attractions of Cebu, Lapu Lapu , and Mactan Island. I can add them my self but i will not without your consent or approval. I would like to keep the same posting and reviews and just add them to those places, because they speak of my show very well in the reviews. I will just leave it up to your capible hands and what you think is best for us and trip advisor.

Thank you...

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Good question Sliva, actually our place opens at 12 pm lunch time and closes at 12 am midnight. So i am not sure how you would consider that. I do feel that travlers would benefit from being able to see our place in the attractions, and things to do, Arts and Culture, Even Historical catagories of Cebu, Lapu Lapu and Mactan Island.. But of course i am the owner so you would expect i would say that.

I will respect what ever decision Trip Advisor says. I was just requesting.

Thanks alot....

Newton...
Level Contributor
108 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Hi cebuexpat,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for being descriptive about your property.

I will have your property listed as both a restaurant and an attraction.

Thanks for the request!

TA_Wes

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I be in Restaurants and Things to Do also.

Thanks TA. Also thanks Newton. You guys are the best......