We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum breadcrumbs

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Forum breadcrumbs

TA, I really hope this is a bug and not something new...

If you click on the forum breadcrumb link above a post/forum, it creates a drop down box instead of taking you to that forum.

EG.

Forums > New York Forums > New York City Forums

If you click on the third link, whereas you used to get taken to the first page of the NYC Forum, now it creates a dropdown. This is totally frustrating. I am guessing you are supposed to get the dropdown only if you click on the arrow to the left of 'Forums' - but clicking anything gives you that box.

Please fix!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

Hi there

I don't get what you are reporting.

I went to the NYC forums, opened up a post and I also see:

\/ Forums - New York forums - New York City forum

If I click the right-most link "New York City Forum" it takes me back to the forum list.

The only way I get a drop down select box is if I click the down-arrow-icon which is in the left most position on the line.

Try refreshing your page and trying again - or try a different browser.

-Noah

P.S. I am using the .com site - and using Google Chrome browser on XP.

Edited: 29 March 2010, 21:32
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,206 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

It is happening in the Las Vegas forum also.

It appears to be a new feature? The drop down should open with the 'Forums' button, maybe? In the LAS forum when I click on 'Las Vegas' to go back to the first page of the forum, the drop down menu appears to take you to the TA forums home page. Requires more clicking. It must be a bug and needs fixed.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

PDXNoah ... it's happening to A LOT of us, not just kateoz. Maybe your particular browser is the reason you're not experiencing it. Not everyone has the option of using a different browser.

kateoz ... one solution someone found is instead of clicking on the blue tabs that would normally (in the past) take you back to the forum, go all the way to the top of the page and click on the green tab there.

I don't understand why TA continues to make "improvements" that end up make things harder for us.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

Well - it hasn't been established that what you are seeing is how TA intends it to work. And I am using an unsupported browser - so if it works in mine and not in a supported browser you can pretty much guarantee it is a glitch.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

I'm receiving the same error....

Everytime I am in a thread this afternoon and go to click the Vegas forum button to go back to the other list of topics it brings a pop up onto my screen and makes me input Which Country? Which State? Which City?

This is very annoying and hopefully will be noted by the TA people and fixed asap. :)

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

Happened to me as well, I'm on Firefox 3.5.x

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,211 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

For what it's worth, I can't reproduce this glitch either. I'm using IE8 on Vista. I tried it on both the .com and .ca sites.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,876 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

this is very annoying, it just started doing it for me,

im having the same problem as Petra 4 on the anaheim, california, and utah forums.

Edited: 29 March 2010, 22:03
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

I tried on both Vegas and NYC, and couldn't reproduce the glitch. IE8, Windows XE Professional.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forum breadcrumbs

It would be nice if someone who was having the problem would come back and say if after refreshing the page, it continues. It could have just been a problem of the change happening while they were on a page.

-Noah