We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
Error message when I'm trying to send private message

I'm new to TA. I keep trying to send a message but it comes up with invalid verification text. Please try again.

I've checked my settings and I can send messages and I'm making sure it is all lower case with now symbols etc but nothing works.

HELP

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hi lozandjlo;

“Invalid verification text” has nothing to do with the content of your PM. In an effort to reduce the abuse of the PM system by spammers, TA requires you to read some wavy text below your PM and then type the words into a box as "verification".

It sounds as you are NOT entering anything in the verification box, so you receive an error message.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hi lozandjlo,

It looks like you've managed to send a PM now, but please let me know if you still have any trouble with this.

Thanks,

Dan

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hey there!

I am trying to send a PM to someone but am getting the invalid verification text message. Can you help?

I tried clicking on the send message link below the review, clicking on it from that member's profile and even sending it through my mesages. I don't seen anywhere where there is a verification of text for me to type in. My only options are to send or to cancel.

Thanks.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hi CindyandMarty,

I just made some adjustments, and you should be able to send messages without any further trouble. Please let me know, though, if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Dan

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Thank you TA_DanW!!!

Whatever adjustments you made worked! I was able to send a private message. Thanks for the quick response and enjoy the rest of your day!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hey,

same problem - Invalid verification text. Please try again.

have checked everything checkable, now what?

Pls help. Thx.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

Hi petrolheads1369,

I just saw your post and made some adjustments to your account. You should be good to go now, but please let us know if you have anymore trouble.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for participating!

TA_Louise

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

All fixed, all is good.

Many thanks TA_Louise!

9. Re: Error message when I'm trying to send private message

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:17