We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Why is my review still sitting in Pending Status after a week and a half???? Should only take a couple of days!!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Hi there,

It isn't unusual for reviews to take up to 2 weeks to be published - depending on the time of year. They have busy periods just like any other business- when the get more reviews that they can process in the usual time.

You should also be getting an email from them that you have to reply to - if you don't respond to their request, you review will be deleted.

If it still is in pending status AND you have responded to their request to verify the review - then I would just wait a few more days.

On the other hand - if it had disappeared from your 'contributions' page on your profile or it has been over 2 weeks, then use this form to contact TripAdvisor staff about the status of your review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

The will reply to you in a few business days to the email address listed in your profile.

I hope that helps

Noah

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Thanks Noah!!

Lary

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Hey Lary

Just curious, but what made you think that it "should only take a couple of day" ???

Thanks

CB

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,033 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

I can answer that CB, because I just submitted a review myself yesterday. When you submit a review, TA's web form notes that it will usually* be published in 48 hours.

*Your mileage may vary.

Miramar, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

It would appear that there must be a vested interest in not posting some reviews!!!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,767 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Hi fee57;

Search this forum and you will find many people accusing TA of ONLY posting POSITIVE reviews. A secondary search will find just as many people accusing TA of ONLY posting NEGATIVE reviews.

It is in TA's best interest to post ALL reviews, which then generates their Best Hotels list & Worst Hotels list. Those lists get a lot of media attention, which draws more people to the site.

Best Regards

Edited: 24 June 2010, 14:25
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Thanks Country Wife for your reply, that helped!!

Does that anwer your question CB!! Also when I have done reviews before it did not take this long!

Lary

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Me again!!!

You would think we would HEAR from TA management themselves

to give us their POINT OF VIEW about this info????

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Ahhh okies, that explains it then... (sorry, never submitted a review) except for restaurant and don't remember what the email said ;-)

Well i guess what TA need to do is change their noreply email template to read something like:

Thank you for you recent review blabla.. it should be posted within the next 48 hours

If it is not posted within this time frame then some of the reasons for that are listed below:

LIST REASONS>>DOH lol

In any event we endeavour to have your review posted within two weeks from submission, if you still do not see it published then you can write to our review team here <<INSERT USERREVIEWSUPPORT EMAIL ADDY>>

Something like that??

That way you are addressing the issue proactively rather than waiting for it to filter down to the humtab/support forums and i am sure will reduce the number of "where is my review" questions... ;-)

I really cannot understand why the alteration of a simply noreply email template is so complicated.

This was suggested before but not actioned.. i would love to know TA's angle on this, just out of curiosity because it just screams common sense to me :S

CB

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Still Pending review sitting for week and a half?????????

Hi CB!!

I totally agree with you. As you said common sense ?????? I really

do like and use the tripadvisor alot.

Lary