We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting TA Support?

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Contacting TA Support?

Does anyone know how to contact Trip Advisor Support? My sister has never been able to post any message to TA since she joined. Messages have said to contact TA Support, but nowhere is any address published. I have sent messages to any TA address I can find, but get no reply.

Despite this, she gets constant emails from TA with offers and news about TA. If she cannot post any reviews, etc., she doesn't want to get all these emails from TA.

Is there anything she can do, or any way to contact TA to find out what the problem is? She is, of course, unable to use the message function within TA. Both she and to a lesser extent I have relied heavily on TA for making travel arrangements both within the U.S. and to Europe, but this problem with support is gradually eroding our use of TA.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Contacting TA Support?

Hi.

I assume you want help with her ability to post messages. Are you talking about posting in the forums, like you are doing here? Or are you talking about the private message system.

Also - what happens when she tries to send a message? Does she get an error message? What does the error message state?

Thanks!

Noah

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
2. Re: Contacting TA Support?

Hi GrossePointer2,

I am sorry to hear that your sister has been having trouble. We will probably need to gather a bit more information from her. Out of protection of our members' privacy, we do not discuss the details of specific accounts on the forums, but please encourage your sister to contact us directly through the help center at:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Beneath the frequently asked questions (FAQs) in the help center, you'll see a blue "Contact Us" link. By selecting the FAQ that is most closely related to the problem she is experiencing, your sister's question will be directed to the proper team here at TripAdvisor and will be more efficiently addressed. For example, you mentioned that she is unable to use the private messaging feature, so in using the "Contact Us" link on the following page of our help center, http://www.tripadvisor.com/help her inquiry will be properly delivered.

Please also note that she should use the email address that is associated with her TripAdvisor account so that we can easily locate her account and discuss it with her.

Very sorry that she's been having trouble! I hope this information helps and thank you for passing it along to your sister.

Best regards,

TA_Louise

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Contacting TA Support?

All she cares about is her ability to post in forums. We live in different states but were together in Wisconsin this weekend, and I tried to solve this longstanding problem for her once and for all -- by creating a new TA identity for her, by trying to send questions to TA as I've been doing for her from my email account, and by trying to post to several forums, including the Support Forum. We got a number of error messages but I can't remember what they were for each of these. I know that TA would not let us create a new account for her because they already had an account for that email address. I can't remember the error message for the forum postings -- three lines of red type. I can probably get her to generate the messages again.

If she could only post to forums, she would be very happy.

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Contacting TA Support?

TA_Louise-- Thank you very much!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
5. Re: Contacting TA Support?

No problem, GrossePointer. Glad you've both found TA to be helpful in your trip planning in the past.

We'll look forward to hearing from your sister and helping her sort things out.

Best regards,

Louise

Everywhere
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Contacting TA Support?

I am also trying to get in touch with a real person. Someone named Puter in Santa Cruz posted links in reply to an posting of mine requesting information on places to stay in Sonoma. One of the links is to my inbox on Comcast. That would make this guy a hacker who totally screwed up by posting it back to me.

Someone needs to be reachable for these issues.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
7. Re: Contacting TA Support?

Zazu

It might be better for you to start your own topic rather than tag on the end of this one, then someone should be able to help you.

CB

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Contacting TA Support?

Zazu, I don't think Puter is hacker at all- he has served as Destination Expert for Santa Cruz, CA for years and has over 12,000 posts on TA. I don't understand what problem he caused you ( and really don't want to know) but my suggestion is that you click on his name and send him a private message so he can fix whatever may have been done( perhaps inadvertently) or alternatively, pull down the report inappropriate pulldown at the bottom of that message and ask to have it removed as it has personal information ( that or something like it is one of the reasons listed for having a post removed.)

I doubt Puter would be a DE all these years if he has been hacking people ...

Everywhere
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Contacting TA Support?

I've been in touch with Puter and it's a woman. She has no idea, and I totally believe her, why a link that goes directly into my email inbox would have shown up in the reply to my post. You can, of course, understand why I would think so.

I changed all my information and email account, but there is a serious clich in the website's system. I spoke to our webmaster at work and he was seriously concerned that this could have happened. Somehow my email link was present when she replied and got posted. I switched to a Yahoo account specifically for this website with not other information. I think everyone who posts on here should be concerned.

Best,

Zazu

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
10. Re: Contacting TA Support?

Hi Zazu,

I wanted to let you know that we will look into this right away and will be in touch with you directly about it.

As far as contacting support here at TA, the most efficient way to contact the proper team is by using the "Contact Us" links located below the FAQs in the help center. By selecting the subject that is most closely related to your concerns, you will ensure that your question is delivered to the correct team. For example, Zazu, if I hadn't seen your post in the forum here, you could have used the contact link on

tripadvisor.com/help/if_i_have_an_objection_…

All of our FAQs and informational help centre can be found at:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,

TA_Louise