We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in circles

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Running in circles

Hi, you sent me a message telling me to contact support but there was no link to contact support and I've just run in circles trying to find a way to contact support to no avail. It's not a good system.

The webiste keeps signiing me out when I change pages, etc. Please advise. Thanks.\

kileysmom

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in circles

Hi kileysmom;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is member driven, peer-to-peer assistance.

When you sign-in to TA, ensure that you are placing a check-mark in the box that reads "keep me signed in".

Also, another user / member reported that the settings on his / her web browser was automatically deleting the cookies, causing them to have to continually sign-in.

Best Regards

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in circles

Thanks, Rescue Team, I tried repeatedly to stay signed in by checking the box and for the last 5 or 6 years have stayed signed in on this computer. All oif a sudden I am having problems and a message came up telling me to contact TA Support but clicking on the message didn't link me to support and I cannot find any way to get to support where I can send them a message. Any ideas?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in circles

Hi kileysmom;

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page "I can't sign in. I know I have the right password and I'm not getting any error message." Under the information displayed on that page, you will see "Didn't answer your question? Contact Us" Click on the "Contact Us" link in blue text and a web form will open that you can use to contact TA staff.

tripadvisor.ca/help/i_cant_sign_in_i_know_i_…

The title's page is not an exact match, but it will get your note to the correct staff at TA.

Best Regards

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in circles

Thanks. When TA sends a message saying contact support, there should be a link to support. It was not a case of not being able to sign in - I could sign in and then every change of page knocked me out again. As it is, I haven't heard from TA support and I find that somewhat disappointing. You would think they would like to assist their DE's and make our experience as easy and straightforward as possible, wouldn't you?

All that said, it's only happened once today so maybe they have been working on it. It would be nice to know.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running in circles

Having just said it only happened once today, it just happened a second time when I went to post the first reply....it's really, really annoying.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running in circles

Hi kileysmom;

This really sounds like a browser problem. As I mentioned in my first post, there was another user reporting a similar problem, and it turned out that his / her browser was automatically deleting the cookies from their computer.

If I may ask, what browser are you using.

Best Regards

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Running in circles

Internet Explorer - cookies are not beling deleted from any toher website. Additionally, a few days ago I began having a problem with seeing what I typed only on the TA forums - the words would appear very much slower than I was typing. That disappeared yesterday when the remaining signed in problem began but it's back now. I don't htink it's my computer as the tyhping is fine everywhere else and in all other applications and no other website requiring cookies is malfunctioning. If there is something you think I could try, I am happy to do so but I'm still upset that a DE can't get through to a tech at TA when there's a problem - why is this?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Running in circles

"...but I'm still upset that a DE can't get through to a tech at TA when there's a problem - why is this?"

Hi kileysmom;

As I stated in my first reply, this forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. I'm a fellow DE with no more abilities than you. ;-)

I'm running IE 8 and I haven't had the problems that your are describing. Also, the text displaying slowly also sounds like a problem at your end.

As for other suggestions...I’m not much of a techie. The only other things I can think of would be to delete your browser’s cache & cookies and then log onto TA again.

Hopefully one of the TA's Tech's will see your post when they come in tomorrow and offer some additional insight.

Best Regards

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Running in circles

Hi, I realize you are a volunteer DE as well and I appreciate your reminders that TA is user driven but the folks at TA have some interest, I would think, in making it easy for their DE's to use the website. We do, afterall, provide a whole lot of service for no remuneration and they do, afterall, make a whole lot of money on the back of our contributions. I love helping others but I also would hope TA folks would care enough to have our services to provide us with some contact information and some support when we have what appears to be a problem using the TA website.

My computer is fine with every other website and using every other program - these problems are occurring intermittently (the text is fine again now) only on TA. It seems odd that it could be my computer when the only difficulty is with TA. I've checked to see if anything changed in my cookies settings and it hasn't. I don't know where to check to see if there's some setting causing problems with the text speed - I've never had a text speed problems before ont his computer or any other computer. Weird.

Thanks for trying to help and maybe the techies at TA will contact me to offer some assistance.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Running in circles

You're Welcome !