We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping listings current and truthful

4 posts
Save Topic
Keeping listings current and truthful

I have just posted "reviews" on 5-restaurant sites that are listed in High Level, AB. In each case, the business does not and has not existed in High Level for at least 5-years. In each case, in the subject I said that the business was closed or did not exist. I then received an automated response thanking me for the review and that it would be posted shortly.

How can we expect people to trust the site if no effort is made to keep the listings accurate?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,604 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeping listings current and truthful

Hi ExecHouse;

With so many listings to keep track of, TripAdvisor relies on its users / members to provide them with updates when businesses close, even more so with restaurants which tend to come and go more often.

Just below the restaurant's address there is a link in blue text which says "Update property details". Click that, and then select "The restaurant is closed". An alert will be sent to TA staff, who will confirm the closure and then update the database.

Best Regards

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeping listings current and truthful

Really????

Can I send you some to get removed because they no longer exist????

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,721 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeping listings current and truthful

Calicolodge, *any* TA member can report that a restaurant is closed using the method RescueTeam described. TA staff double-check that information, of course, to make sure that the report isn't mistaken or malicious, before removing the listing.

RescueTeam is not a TA employee; he's a TA member and volunteer Destination Expert, just like you and me.

4. Re: Keeping listings current and truthful

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2011, 05:17