We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

writing a review

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
writing a review

I have tried on numerous occassions to write a review on either a new restaurant or hotel and if its not already listed with T/A they dont accept it. How do I go about writing a review on a restaurant without having to spend time writing it and then to find that T/A say "unknown" or not accepted. Thanks - I want to review "Da Luigia" Restaurant on Camps Bay Beachfront, Cape Town South Africa. It has only been open for a month. Its the same owner as "Luigis" in Hout Bay

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: writing a review

Hi there

Firstly it's always a good idea to save your review in a program such as word so that you have a copy should anything go wrong whilst you are trying to submit it and also just for your own reference should you need it ;-)

Ok, if you follow this link: tripadvisor.co.uk/help/what_if_i_want_to_rev… then that should help you.

For information, there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page on TripAdvisor, and it's definately worth bookmarking for future reference. It contains many useful answers to commonly asked questions such as yours and also has many link with which to contact TA directly should the need arise.

Within that section (where i took the link from) there is other useful review information together with the review posting guidelines.

Hope that helps

CB ",)

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: writing a review

Thanks CB - I had looked at that but as mentuioned I have tried and they don't accept a. Rrview if its not already there

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: writing a review

divacape,

Cheeky gave you some good advice. If you re-read the instructions on that page carefully - it shows you to find the link on the bottom of the search page that reads "Tell us more about it" if the business is not found.

So please go back to his link- it is the instruction set you need to request a new listing.

We often recommend you write the review now and save it in a word processor as it can take weeks for the new listing to appear.

-Noah

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: writing a review

Ok thanks will try

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: writing a review

But it doesnt take the review if it doesnt have the restaurant listed. I have just done tried to "write a review". They ask for the name and then you have to "search" and then youre told "sorry, we dont have this listing." Its crazy , how do they expect you to review something new. I have written the review, and saved it in Word in the meanwhile. Its painful.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: writing a review

Hi divacape;

You must first request a new listing, by following the directions that CB and PDXNoah provided above.

When TA advises you that the new listing is available to post a review to, you can then copy & paste your pre-written review from your word processor onto the submission page.

Best Regards

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: writing a review

Yeah I did that so we will wait +see

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: writing a review

I had that happen to me. It took several weeks for the new listing to get added, but it did eventually make it. I was then able to post my review. The process works...slowly...but it works.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: writing a review

It will depend of course on current workload and it's not always a slow process. I requested a new restaurant and a new Hotel to be listed and they were both done within 2 days!!

CB

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: writing a review

Actually i did one once before and they never got back to me at all. They said the place was unheard of. Maybe TA in Los Angeles or London had not heard of the particular place, but I had been there and wanted to review it and was unable to. This restaurant I wanted to review has just been open a month although they own another restaurant that has been open for several years.