We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unsuccessful postings

NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Unsuccessful postings

I benefit greatly from basing my travel research on your forums so I always want to make contributions to help others, too. Earlier in 2010, I has successfully uploaded a couple of contributions, but since then, there is this message I keep getting"

"Your request was invalid. Please send a valid HTTP request."

I write in plain text and it's a shame because I have amazing photos from Russia and my Xmas holiday with the family at the Grand Palladium in Mexico. I've given up trying because it's just been too frustrating spending hours writing, uploading photos, then doing it all over again and still getting the same message.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unsuccessful postings

Do you get this error message when you're trying to post to a forum, upload a photo, submit a review, or upload a video? More information will help to track down the problem.

NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unsuccessful postings

When I wrote on the Russia Forum (my trip covered St. Petersburg and Moscow) and on the review for Grand Palladium Colonial. Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unsuccessful postings

So you have had this same message after hitting the "submit" button for a forum posting and after you hit "submit" after filling out a review form? You were obviously able to post on this Support forum; did it take several tries? Nobody else has reported a similar problem, so I can only suggest that you clear your cache and cookies, make sure you have the most current version of your web browser, and see if that clears up the problem.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unsuccessful postings

Hi GoddessCoach,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble posting. As Country_Wife suggested, this sounds like a problem caused by your browser not accepting cookies, and I was just able to reproduce this error message by blocking cookies in my own browser.

Since you've been posting on this forum, I suspect the problem is already resolved, and you should now be able to post on any of our forums or submit reviews, photos, etc. If you do encounter this problem again, though, please be sure that cookies are enabled in your browser. The steps to enable cookies vary depending on which browser you're using, but this page has instructions for most commonly used browsers:

http://www.google.com/cookies.html

After following the instructions, quit and restart your web browser. Then try signing into TripAdvisor again.

If you still encounter this error after you've made sure cookies are enabled in your browser, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

5. Re: Unsuccessful postings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:19