We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not getting emails from TA.....

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Not getting emails from TA.....

I ALWAYS check the box at bottom of post so I can get a notice when a new post is added to the thread/responding to my post.

I just realized that I havent been getting those notices for at least a couple of weeks. Any idea why? (no they are not going into my spam folder).

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,057 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

Hi Karenjme;

TA will stop sending you email if they have had email returned to them as undeliverable from your email address, for any reason. This could be caused by a full inbox or even a temporary internet glitch. TA staff will put a red warning box on this page of your profile, along with instructions to fix the problem;

http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberProfile-cs

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “How can I turn on or off notifications or change the frequency of delivery?”

If the suggestions on that page don’t resolve the problem, use the “Contact Us” link in blue text to email TA staff with your problem.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_can_i_turn_on_or_of…

Best Regards

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

I have not gotten any "Warnings"

My cookies are always cleared

I did the "contact us" link and TA has not responded.

I checked my settings for my profile and everything is ok.

No clue........and frustrating as I know have to keep a list of posts I start/respond to so I can go back and check.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

<< I did the "contact us" link and TA has not responded. >>

TA is unlikely to respond to you the same day you contacted them. You need to be patient and give them some time. They will respond.

Silvia

Edited: 15 January 2011, 04:49
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

I agree, Silvia. Patience has never been a strong point of mine. And the older I get (68 now) the less patience I have for most things...I really do appreciate you reminding me......Sometimes it just takes a little push from someone...

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

Just go through the posts you have made a responce to to see what other users have added.

I dont see the problem here.

I never choose to check the box . The next day I just go through the posts that intrest me.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

I must that I too never use the facility but if the functionality is offered it should work

Edited: 15 January 2011, 16:32
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

That depends very much on the member. If you post a lot, you may not want to get a notification for every single post you've made! If you post in a very active forum, it helps as you don't have to come to TA to go through many pages of posts to find the one you're interested in checking responses.

For the record, the updates may not be getting to the OP, but it seems to be working well at least for me. I got three updates just this morning and I rarely sign on for one.

Cheers,

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

I must admit that over the past few years we have seen loads of similar posts so it looks like it is a recurring glitch

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

Fliflop,

There have been glitches over the years but they affect many members at the same time.

Usually when it affects just one member it has to do with TripAdvisor not being able to send emails to the address on record, and a note is posted in the member's profile. The OP seems to have a different problem though as there is no mention of such problems in her Subscriptions page.

Best,

Silvia

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not getting emails from TA.....

No notes in my profile, and I still havent heard from TA.