We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Facebook

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Facebook

I do not want my facebook page and trip advisor to be connected in any way. I don't recall how this ended up happening to begin with. Anyone know how I undo this?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,550 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Facebook

Hi

Click: on

# "Your TripAdvisor'"at the top of the screen

# Then click "profile"

# Click on the "account info" link along the left edge of the screen

# Find and click the disconnect link in the Facebook box on the right.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Facebook

Thanks!

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Facebook

This has happened to me.

I have not linked my facebook page to Tripadvisor, yet while I am logged in to FB and TA at the same time, TA shows my FB profile picture and my full name.

Not happy.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,211 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Facebook

Your Facebook privacy settings may be what is permitting this to happen. On your Facebook page, click ACCOUNT (top right corner of blue bar). Select Privacy Settings from the dropdown menu.

On the new page (headed "Choose Your Privacy Settings") scroll down to the bottom left, and click on the link under "Apps and Websites" that reads "Edit your settings". A new page will open.

This page has the heading "Choose Your Privacy Settings: Apps, Games and Websites". Look for the bold heading that reads "Instant Personalization", and click "Edit Settings". A new page will open.

This page has the heading "Choose Your Privacy Settings: Instant Personalization". At the bottom of the page there is a check box for "Enable instant personalization on partner websites." Facebook's default setting for this is to check it. Click to uncheck it.

Then log out of TA and FB. Log back in again; hopefully things will be back to normal.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,923 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Facebook

Here’s the best I’ve seen about FB worth sharing! The truth is out there! ;-)

theonion.com/video/…19753

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Facebook

Thanks Country wife. Have done this, however I notice FB says

"When you first arrive at the following sites, you'll see a notification message and an option to turn off the personalized experience:"

I certainly did not see this notification message on TA

Spending a further few minutes reading up and reviewing the access websites and apps have to one's FB info amd making a few more changes is well worthwhile folks!

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Facebook

LOL at the link easydave.............................or maybe not??!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Facebook

Now, how do I keep Photobucket from allowing my photos to be viewed on Facebook?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Facebook

Thanks for that .Had a shock when I saw my full name and profile pic on TA. sorted now.

10. Re: Facebook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 01:21