We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

response from a Hotel that I commented on

Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
response from a Hotel that I commented on

I had a bad experience re a Hotel and posted a comment, since then the Hotel who I also wrote to has responded and has been very appologetic and tried very hard to remedy the situation, I wanted to comment on this Hotels effort to address the situation but when I try Trip Advisor says I have to wait three months to comment again.

The Manager of the Hotel has explained some of my concerns, said he is going to find out the why of what happened.

Because of his prompt attention to this matter I feel that this should be let known.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

You could post on the destination forum and let people know that way.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Hi tara009;

There is no option to edit a review. Also, in 3 months time, you will not be allowed to sumbit a review of the same stay.

Respectfully, an accommodation review is a snap-shot of your stay and your review should reflect the customer service you received at the time.

Best Regards

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Agree with both posters.

If you feel that they really have genuinely gone out of their way to make amends for their failings and not just because you've left a bad review then you could make a post on the Destination Forum saying that although you stick by all the points in your review as it was a snapshot of your visit, that they've done xyz now and thanks to them, or whatever. You get the gist :)

CB

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

The Destination forum idea is good, but it is a somewhat circuitous route for others to link the property's efforts with its listing.

At least nobody went down the "It is forbidden to contact a reviewer about their review" road on this one.

That lesson came as recently as yesterday when it was revealed that a new to TA reviewer actually asked the management to contact her just as this OP did.

"not just because you've left a bad review"

Sounded to me that the manager was just doing the conscientious thing and values his guests. Looking at the average price per night and overall quality of the establishment, I hope the OP doesn't expect the Taj Mahal on her next trip.

A piece of advice and food for thought for the future?

If you have a particular room size, amenity, price, etc.. preference and you are a regular visitor to an area. Making a reservation farther out than two hours in advance will probably get you exactly what you desire.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Instead of contacting you directly the manager could have written a management response which then would have been out there for all to see. The words and tone of management responses are frequently just as, if not more valuable than the initial reviews,

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

This one is coming up quite a bit lately.

If your review is and honest description of what happened at the time you should not add to this by commenting on the local travel forum in my opinion.

You title your review "Will never return to this Microtel" if you are now rethinking your words go back and make shure what the owner has said is actully true before changeing your comments on line.

If what you say in your review is true he has alot of work to do to Improve.

I feel some reviewers do a review then get a call or E-mail from the owner

or read there Management Responce and lets just say rethink what they say in there review. They should expect a Management Responce while writing the review to keep things lets just say more reader friendly. Or once the review is live stick to your original comments made while writing the review.

I understand what you are trying to do is add a positive. We must also think about someone who reads this post and wants to just add more negitive . in my opinion.

Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

I appreciate all resonses re my question but I don't think I have an answer or one that I would like.

I felt I had a ligitimate complaint with our recent stay but with saying that since the Manager has appologized, tried his best to explain some of our concerns and has tried very hard to remendy the situation I feel that there should be somewhere to state this to show others that even when a problem arises some times Management does care and values your business.

Mrs. P. Cape

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Think of it this way-- He or she should have realised when you were on property and dealt with you issues then to avoid the bad review. Now it is a done deal and you now are having a new experiance with this business that does not change your original experiance that you have already posted a review about.

No second chances here.

Or this one always goes over well on this forum simply remove your review period.

Edited: 11 March 2011, 03:56
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Think of your review as a page in your diary and I doubt very much that you would go back and rip pages out

Please do not delete your review as it was your review of your experience at that time

If you are now happy with what has happened add a post to the relevant destination forum to say how happy you are with the way the owner has now resolved the situation

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: response from a Hotel that I commented on

Hi tara009,

Just want to clarify that while you may not edit a review, you can remove your review and submit a new review for the same stay. You do not need to wait three months to do this; the 3-month minimum period is for posting an additional review of a subsequent stay at the same property.

Thanks,

Dan