We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd posts on the London forum

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Odd posts on the London forum

I maybe getting paranoid having seen V For Vendetta this evening but we seem to have a weird new poster on the London forum.

Using that famous alias "A Trip Advisor Member", they have made two posts offering general advice that is only partially correct. They could be reported as off topic but I wondered how someone could register as such and start posting stuff which should really be elsewhere on the site?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k43671…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k43670…

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,457 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd posts on the London forum

Hi adamhornets,

I'd bet that if you ask the poster if he/she is posting using a TripAdvisor app, you'll find that that's the problem. It's happen before.

Check this thread I posted a while ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k4321818…

Silvia

Edited: 01 April 2011, 22:53
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd posts on the London forum

Thanks but I can't contact the poster Sylvia as there is no way to send them a PM.

Reading the posts again makes me think they might be a spammer or a troll.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Odd posts on the London forum

"I'd bet that if you ask the poster if he/she is posting using a TripAdvisor app, you'll find that that's the problem."

Yes, that is the issue. This is a known bug, and we're working to get it fixed soon. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Dan

4. Re: Odd posts on the London forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:18