We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harassed by another user. Help?

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
238 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Harassed by another user. Help?

I was private messaged by another user with an accusatory email that I was a paid endorsement for a hotel she didn't like. She said "tripadvisor was on to me". Whatever that means, I'd like to report this individual and would like advice on how?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harassed by another user. Help?

Hi there.

First - don't delete the message from your TA inbox. If you already have, it isn't the end of the world - but it is better if you leave it there for TA staff to see.

Second - here is a link to the "contact us" form for Private Message issues: www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs… (the blue text is a link - click it to open up the form) That form will give you room to explain, but be brief.

That's it. You can also block the sender from sending you future messages - on the screen with their message, above their text is a "block sender" button. This will prevent them from sending future private messages to your account.

I hope that helps

-Noah

P.S. Just for FYI for anyone else - the Guidelines for Private Messages can be found here: tripadvisor.com/help/guidelines_for_private_…

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
238 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harassed by another user. Help?

THANKS a lot. I did save the message and put a link to it in the form you sent. I was shocked that someone would personally attack me for my honest review.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,741 posts
1,098 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harassed by another user. Help?

It happens. There are a lot of weird ones out there ;-)

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harassed by another user. Help?

I had the same thing happen to me today. How on earth can someone tell me MY review of MY trip was wrong? Was this person there? NO! Gosh people can be so ridiculous!

5. Re: Harassed by another user. Help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:18