We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

Hi - we have been classified as speciality lodging by Tripadvisor even though we essentially are a motel service. We were told by TA that we cannot be classified as a hotel because according to TA we do not have a 24 hour reception. This is not true as we live on the premises and answer guest queries 24 hours a day. Our township of Hanmer Springs only has 1 true hotel and the rest are motels like ourselves as none of them have a true 24 hour reception. We would like to be classified as a hotel. 2nd question is why is speciality lodging not publicised as much as the other categories? Is this unfair on those listed in this category? If we must remain in speciality lodging then we would like to see it promoted equally with hotels and B&B categories. look forward to your response on both questions, thanks

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

I've read that 24 hour reception means someone needs to be on duty during that time - not just that someone is on-call and asleep during the night. So that would exclude you from being placed in the hotel category.

As for your other questions - you should bring that up in the Owners' Forum. Here is a direct link to that forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h… (the blue text is a link, click on the blue text)

You must be registered as an owner of your listing here on TA in order to get into that forum. If you are not already registered - you may do so here: www.tripadvisor.com/owners

I hope that helps

Noah

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,287 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

Hi there,

Are you a registered owner? If you are, you can access the Owners' forum and post your questions there. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h…

Also, do check the first sticky (yellow pin) at the top of the forum. It may help answer one of your questions.

If you haven't register yet, you can do it here:

www.tripadvisor.com/owners

Silvia

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

if 24 hour on duty is required then as i said before there is trully only 1 hotel in town however TA has listed many of the motels which do not give a 24 hour service under hotel - surely this is a stupid criteria as no motels would comply.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,287 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

You should read the first sticky on the owners forum. There's an exception to that.

Silvia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,287 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

Correction, second sticky. It was just moved down today.

Silvia

6. Re: Speciality Lodging is not promoted as well as other category

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:20