We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Content Verification email

Adirondack...
Level Contributor
5 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Content Verification email

I received an unofficial looking email from "contentverification@tripadvisor.com telling me to verify my review on Hershey Farms by May 6 or it would not be posted. I was supposed to click on the following link:

www.tripadvisor.com/VerifyReview…

This sounds fishy as my review has already been posted. Could this be part of the stolen email addresses of March 2011?

Thank you.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Content Verification email

Hi ADKphotobug;

TA sometimes sends an email for you to re-confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

You have to click on the link in the email to re-confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, your review will be deleted.

A copy of your review should be displayed in the body of the email.

Best Regards

Adirondack...
Level Contributor
5 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Content Verification email

Aha! I'm glad I chose not to click on it!!!! There was no copy of my review! I did a rollover with my cursor and it showed the same as the link provided in the message. This was it; with NO tripadvisor logo; plain and simple as if it were just an email from a friend:

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your contributions to TripAdvisor.This email is designed to help us protect your privacy and ensure a quality experience for all TripAdvisor users.

If you recently submitted a review and are the author of this review, please click on the link below to confirm it:

www.tripadvisor.com/VerifyReview…

If you do not click on this link before May 6, 2011 your review will not be posted. As always, we will continue to keep your review anonymous and will not disclose your e-mail address to anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to verify your review! It helps us to keep our information valid and up-to-date, so we appreciate your response.

Sincerely yours,

TripAdvisor Support Team

*** This is an automated message. Please do not reply. ***

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Content Verification email

You're Welcome, ADKphotobug !

It does sound similar to TA's verification email, but not 100% correct.

Best Regards

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Content Verification email

Hi,

Just want to confirm that that e-mail, and the verification link contained therein, is in fact legitimate. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Dan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Content Verification email

Hi,

I have the same issue but i am being asked to confirm a review i published a year ago. Seems really odd, can someone please help? Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Content Verification email

Hi Journeyman1971;

TA sometimes sends an email for you to re-confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

You have to click on the link in the email to re-confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, your review will be deleted.

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Content Verification email

Thanks Dan !

Is there a reason that the format has been changed ?

Best Regards

Edited: 03 May 2011, 19:22
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,119 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Content Verification email

My concern with the text of the verification email posted above is that it doesn't give the reviewer a hint of which review is to be verified. The prior email verification text had the review ID as well as the text on it. OR is it that the name of the business reviewed was included in the Subject line of the email?

Silvia

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Content Verification email

Good questions, Silvia and RT. We tweaked the verification e-mails to make them more concise, to try to make sure that the most important info (you need to click on the verification link) wasn't lost in a sea of text. The name of the business or location reviewed is included in the subject line.

Thanks,

Dan

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Content Verification email

Thanks Dan !