We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is this?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What is this?

Hi Everyone...

Ok, as a long time user... a lot of things I can figure out on my own... BUT this one has me stumped.

Have a NEW TA Member who I am working with on the ONTARIO FORUM... I took a look at his TA PROFILE (matter of practice when I am posting replies)... and see has had postings in another spot... the TA TRIPADVISOR ASKS... FORUM something I have never heard of.

And I can't find it on the main FORUMS Directory... or what it is... or if it has any other content.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i9657-k4855053-T…

Would love to learn more...

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is this?

There used to be a forum called Trip Advisor Asks. On the main forums page, it was listed in the section with photos about where Trip Advisor Support and Trip Advisor Causes are now. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

This was brought up a couple of times in the HUMTAB forum; see TADan_W's post at #19 here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k3794411…

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is this?

Wine-4-2,

TripAdvisor Asks is still available in the mobile versions of TA, but not on the full site. I'm using an IPad now and see this new member's posts as well as many other recent posts, with no answers.

Silvia

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is this?

Yes, Silvia is correct. We closed that forum, but due to a bug people can still post to it via mobile. Hopefully we'll be able to close that loophole soon, as those topics unfortunately do tend to get lost.

Thanks,

Dan

4. Re: What is this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:19