We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insults from restauranteur

Seaford
Level Contributor
12 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
insults from restauranteur

Dear Trip Advisor

I reviewed Moonrakers and think their reply was meant to insult.

I think it was an inappropriate reply intended to be offensive.

Many of the facts were incorrect, the 3 course table d'hote menu was £15, on top we drank alcohol, we paid for bread, so what if we ate it there was also a 10% service charge added. Raw mackerel instead of roast mackerel was served. The Trade Descriptions act was broken, Grand Marnier custard, Armagnac Prunes that were minus the alcohol. The owner talks about us not being used to that sort of place, thanks goodness too, I would hate to be served raw mackerel for roast everyday.. My qualifications and whole life was spent working in the hotel/restaurant industry, I worked for company in London in the early seventies that introduced cuisine minceur and the nouvelle cuisine, the forerunner of modern English food. As you can see I have travelled extensively in Autralia, NZ, the UK and Europe in the last few years. I spoke to the chef who was at the back door as we exited. He told me he had learnt to cook locally, not much European experience there!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: insults from restauranteur

Ok read the review and M.R.

Your review takes a few shots at the business and the Management Response takes a few shots back.

My overall look at both leaves me thinking the Management Responce is not doing the business any good however it does not violate guidelines.

Other neg reviews back up things mentioned in your review.

Unfortunately many businesses dont get the M.R thing.

Good Luck

Edited: 13 October 2011, 00:08
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: insults from restauranteur

Hi Gapyeargrannie;

TripAdvisor has no way of fact checking your comments, or those posted in the Management Response.

TA staff will only remove the response if it violates the guidelines, which you can view here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/help/management_response_guid…

If you feel that the response violates the guidelines, click on the "Report response as inappropriate" link below the response, and submit your concern to TA staff.

Best Regards

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: insults from restauranteur

"rice pudding with marinated prunes"

<<gagging>>

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: insults from restauranteur

"Chocolate mouse"

<<gagging>>

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: insults from restauranteur

Two examples of "modern European food" I suppose?

Please, just give me roast beef and yorkshire pudding!

Seaford
Level Contributor
12 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: insults from restauranteur

thanks guys for your replies, can we forget this now, I'm embarrased - as I read it I see I spelt restaurateur incorrectly! Blame it on fatigue.

7. Re: insults from restauranteur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:18