We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any idea how to change an email address for a review

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Any idea how to change an email address for a review

I got an email from Accor for my recent stay with their hotel in Bangkok. I did key in my other email address for that review (not the same with my account here), Any way to change that email to the email I used for an account here, so that the review will be parked under me?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any idea how to change an email address for a review

I suggest you contact Accor.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any idea how to change an email address for a review

Hi Esusilo,

Welcome to the TA SUPPORT FORUM

Not sure I understand your problem.

TA is a totally anonymous website when it comes to you writing REVIEWS of Hotels or Businesses... so having different email addresses that you checked into a Hotel with and another for your TA account would make no difference what-so-ever... infact most Travellers want to maintain they anonymity and NOT want a Hotel to know precisely WHO they are that is writing a Review.

Your TA Member Name and being logged into your TA Account... is all you require to write a REVIEW here on TA. Any REVIEWS you write, will be logged under your TA User Name.

This is to protect the writer / Reviewer... so that if you do write any negative comments in your totally honest & frank Review... then the Business should not be able to trace them back to you in the 3-D world

I hope this explains it... if there is something else that I am not understanding... then do post again / elaborate.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any idea how to change an email address for a review

Hi wine, when i wrote another review for another hotel i did put the "correct" email address and it asked me to login.

some how i guess the review will be tagged into my account and i can see it as part of my contribution.

that review that i put as different email address does not show up here in my account. not sure if u get my point

Edited: 09 November 2011, 15:41
4. Re: Any idea how to change an email address for a review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:18