We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I wrote a review and it never was never posted

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi. I wrote a review and I'm not seeing it anywhere. Can you please let me know what happened? It was for the Playa Fiesta Hotel Beach Club in Puerto Vallarta.

Thank you,

Dorothy

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi Dorothy;

Does your review show as "Pending" in the contributions area of your profile ?

Best Regards

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

No, it doesn't show at all under the contributions. :( I received an email on 11/18 asking me to verify my contribution which I did that day, but I don't see it anywhere on the website now. Here is the link I clicked on in the email in case it helps...

us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch…

Thank you,

Dorothy

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi Dorothy;

You will need to contact TA staff directly by using this web form.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Same thing happened to me. I wrote two hotel reviews on the same day. One was published and I have no idea what happened to the other. No email or anything.

I think when a review gets removed TA should send you an email explaining why. I don't feel like going through the effort of writing it again. But I just can't help but wonder if there's something fishy going on. My review had very specific complaints. Seems like either the hotel got the review axed or TA filtered it on their behalf?!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Ok. I wrote the TA staff, but I haven't heard back.

That's SO strange. I got an email confirming my contribution and asking me to verify, which I did but for some reason the post was never put on the website. :(

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

I wrote a review last Monday and it still shows pending... seems a bit long to me...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi Dorothy;

It may be a few business days before TA staff respond to your query.

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi turttwig;

The owner or manager of a hotel only knows of a new review just like everyone else - when the review appears on the listing. They do NOT have any prior notice, nor do they have any say in the vetting process.

Search this forum and you will find many people accusing TA of ONLY posting POSITIVE reviews. A secondary search will find just as many people accusing TA of ONLY posting NEGATIVE reviews.

Then over on the "Owners Forum" (restricted access to owners & managers only) most of the posts are about all the negative reviews and how TA will NOT remove them.

For the missing review, did you receive an automated "Thank-You for your review" email from TA ?

Best regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

Hi salsamama;

If your review shows as pending, it has not yet been vetted by TA staff. They can be posted in as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

tripadvisor.com/help/when_will_my_review_be_…

TripAdvisor receives an average of 11,000 reviews each day. TA staff have commented with the influx of reviews submitted at the end of summer, they are backed-up at the moment.

As it has been less than 2 weeks since you submitted your review, I would suggest waiting a little longer.

Best Regards

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I wrote a review and it never was never posted

I understand the backlog, however, the person I travelled with already has his review posted - took 2 days... but then, he didn't post any pics and I did - maybe that's the holdup...