We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review removal

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
review removal

I have had a review removed but have not been notified.

No reason at all. It was an honest review and had a lot of views. Can owners have influence over reviews that are not particularly favourable? I have written much worse but this one in particular for some reason has disappeared from TripAdvisor.

Any comments please.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: review removal

Hi there

Nope, owners have no say whatsoever, what would be the point in having reviews at all if this was the case...

You only have to randomly check some hotel reviews and you'll find plenty of negative ones :)

To find out where it's gone you can use the following link from the Help Center:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

For future information, there is a link to the Help Center at the bottom of every page on TripAdvisor. This is an invaluable resource that is definately worth adding to your bookmarks as it contains many answers to questions such as yours as well as links (should you need them) with which to contact TripAdvisor directly.

Hope that helps :)

CB ",)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: review removal

Hi Waikatosflyingkiwi;

Here are the three main reasons why a review is deleted;

1. The business is under new ownership and the new owners have asked TripAdvisor to remove the previous reviews relating to the old management. For more information about TripAdvisor's policy, visit this Help Centre page; tripadvisor.com/help/i_just_bought_a_bb_and_…

2. TA sent you an email to confirm / re-confirm your review. You have to click on a link in the email. If you don't click the link in the email, or don’t reply within a certain timeframe, the review will be deleted.

Ensure that your current email address is correct on your TA profile and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system.

3. Your review violated TripAdvisor’s guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_trav…

The most likely cause would be #1 or #2.

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is peer-to-peer assistance. TripAdvisor staff won't post on the forum the actual reason why your review was removed, as they consider it a private matter. You will need to contact TA directly by email as my esteemed colleague CB has suggested above.

Best Regards

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: review removal

Hi again

Sure, there might be many reasons why your review has been removed, but there is no value in speculation. It is just simpler to contact TA and ask them directly what has happened to it, as they "should" know :)

Do come back and let us know.

Thanks

CB

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: review removal

thank all. Wil try to contact TripAdvisor. Last I was told that the review had 40 plus hits plus helpfulls. Would have expected TA to inform if they were withdrawing it no matter what reason. Will come back if I get a result.

Ta

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: review removal

You're Welcome !

As a courtesy yes, TA should contact the user, but they don't.

Best Regards

6. Re: review removal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 December 2011, 16:35
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: review removal

This is not an appropriate way to contact Trip Advisor to dispute a review. This is a peer support forum maintained by volunteers who are not TA employees. No one employed by TA will take action as a result of this post. Reviews may only be disputed through a specific procedure in the Owners Forum, where TA Staff can become involved. You should go to the Owners Forum to contest a review.

I am sure your post here will be removed as being placed in the wrong location.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: review removal

Hi there csmi504

Firstly, it is never a good idea to post your telephone number onto a public forum, whether it is a personal or business contact.

Also, in future, you should always create your own thread rather than crash in on someone elses. This is mainly because the replies then do not get confused.

Finally, as Lulutoo has stated, you cannot get anything like this resolved through the forums as they are effectively manned by normal members and not TA Staff.

To dispute this review you need to do this through your Management Center.

You can find more information on that via the Owners Forum. More details on this dedicated business Forum can be found in the Sticky Topic at the top of this forum.

CB

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: review removal

Back with the results.

Firstly I am told reviews must not contain "second hand information or opinions of other individual users".

To my understanding this would mean anything an owner of a property tells you (perhaps like the water is safe to drink) or if a guest tells you that they had a good or bad massage ect.

My review was no different from the other 66 I have written and been accepted and NOT removed up to this date. They have been of my experiences and are totally honest.

Sorry we did not inform you of the removal.

Perhaps your spam filter stopped our advice of it.

My spam filters DO NOT remove any TA emails.

We allow reviews up to 12 months after stays so you can still rewrite it. Hullo there is nothing wrong with it!.

It is of my opinion that there is Bais here and that TA are no longer to be trusted.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,253 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: review removal

So you were told by a TA_Staff member that your review contained second hand information or opinions of other users? That's a common problem with reviews, and I'm glad that at least one staff member is trying to watch for that.

Sometimes TA members choose to post their review here on the Support Forum to get advice from other members about the specific problem with the review.

Is there a bias on TripAdvisor? Hmmm. The reviews are checked by humans who are trying to follow a published list of guidelines. Is it possible that two different TA_Staff members would interpret those guidelines differently? Perhaps, but I'd guess they try very hard to be consistent.