We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Palm Bay, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

I have asked THREE TIMES to approve a motel that Trip Advisor does not list and I have yet to get a response. This is how these sites end up going down- FAILING....NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. We do the work...we take photos...we do reviews...we do evaluations...we use our time to make their site what it is. WHY CAN'T THEY AT LEAST RESPOND??? I'm about at the end of my contributions. Why should I waste my time if they can't take the time to address issues? I KEEP SAYING IT....NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT in stores or on the web! I pride myself in customer satisfaction...apparently nobody else does.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,147 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Most of us usually refer to TripAdvisor as TA, in caps.

Yelling is against the forum guidelines, and since this is a member to member forum, you appear to be yelling at people who have no ability to implement the change you requested. Hmmm.

Did you request the addition of the property from this Help Center page? tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_of_an_a… How much time elapsed from the time of your first request?

I have not had trouble getting TA to add new properties to their website, and another member mentioned that she has added dozens. It's possible that the collective experience of other TA members can help to resolve this problem.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

I'm a volunteer here and would also appreciate no yelling. The only comment I can add to PacificNWFamily is that it appears that when you submit a new request it moves the previous request back to the most recent date in the queue. The best plan is just to submit your request and leave it (depending on workload, etc.it can take from days to a month). Sometimes they add a listing and the person doesn't know so do check back to see if the listing is up.

In the meantime you can write the review in a word processing program so it's ready to go when the listing is up.

L4

Edited: 31 December 2011, 18:40
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,926 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Hi 321AreaFemale;

FYI...the only communications that you will receive will be an email when the listing is live on the site.

Best Regards

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Its ironic that the OP, after coming on here ranting about how TA doesn't respond, hasn't come back to respond to any of the questions she's been asked :-)

Essex
Level Contributor
27,943 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

This has been addressed before in your similar (somewhat less shouty) thread from 27 December, 321AF - see here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k50206…

You clearly did not go back and look at the advice you received there, so why would you come back here??

Please though, don't post another shouty thread, you cold end up by getting yourselve removed from TA all together.

Palm Bay, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Nope...no emails and I've made several requests.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Have you checked the other suggestions on this and your previous thread? And I agree, making "several requests" might just be moving the request further down. A thank you to the people (emphasising not staff) who have tried to assist you would be nice :-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Hi 321AreaFemale,

I'm sorry that you are feeling frustrated. I did a search of our system, and found a single listing request that originated from the email address you used to register on TripAdvisor, dated December 27, 2011.

I believe this is the listing you requested:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34599-d2454405…

I have seen a couple of other recent complaints from members that they have not received the email notification to inform them that their listing request has been published. I will send an email to the administrators to investigate if this was caused by a glitch in our mailing system.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,081 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

Jane thanks for sorting that one for me out the other day,did the review,found another place that i has asked to be listed but again recieved no notification,now done a review for that also.

10. Re: no response from TA! <--thats in caps!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 10:16