We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help & Contact Us

Level Contributor
3 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Help & Contact Us

It is very hard to send Travel Advisor an email to either ask for help or to make a suggestion on how to improve your website. You need an Icon at the top of your page for both "Help" and "Contact Us".

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
77,236 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help & Contact Us

Hi Dan9969;

- The Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

- This forum, the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website, itself.

- There are more than 400 “Contact Us” and “E-Mail Us” links available through the Help Centre. There is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of each page.

Best Regards

Ellsworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help & Contact Us

My name is Tina Davis, owner of Ellsworth Steak House in Ellsworth, KS. We received an alert of potential fraud.. Can someone please give us more information. We are located on the corner of two major interstates and have a lot of transit traffic, so are concerned with the fraud statement. Can someone please contact me or my husband re: this issue. tina4jusa@aol.com or davisrd2010@gmail.com. Thank you!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help & Contact Us

Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members.

Your best bet for dealing with this issue is to reply to the email that you received from TripAdvisor.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
62,170 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help & Contact Us

This forum is not an effective way to contact TA staff and I would strongly advise you to request that your post is deleted as it contains email addresses.

It is never a good idea to post addresses in a public forum.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help & Contact Us

One caution about Country_Wife's advice: sometimes "alerts of potential fraud" are phony warnings in an attempt to get usernames, passwords, account information, etc. TripAdvisor should never need to ask you for that info so treat any e-mail that asks for it with extreme suspicion.

(If, when you reply, it goes to an @tripadvisor.com address, that should be OK. Something like @tripadvisor.12345-fake.com is probably not.)

If you're not sure of the legitimacy of the e-mail, there are ways to contact TripAdvisor staff via http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport ; you may not be able to find the right "department" right away but hopefully they'll be able to redirect you properly.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 21:48
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help & Contact Us

The alert to potential fraud is an owner issue. They get discussed in the owners forums with regularity. As well meaning as it is, I'm afraid MattTO's advice would not help an owner very much. Usually mail for owners issues sent to the general support links tell the member to use the management center.

The best advice is to reply to the email with your question. You won't be asked for information by just doing a reply. And this is one of the few times that s reply to TA mail will get your note to the person who can help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help & Contact Us

Hi Richard,

As an owner, I'd suggest reading the following information in the link. For verified owners/managers there's an Owner's Forum where people can post questions pertinent to their businesses. There's also a Management Center as well as access to owner resources. In the Management Center are owner contact links to TA Staff related to listing management.

Here's the link:

edit: just saw Noah's post (and C_W also recommended)...yes, reply to the email first and then I'd suggest going through the owner verification process.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 22:17
8. Re: Help & Contact Us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:16