We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

After returning from the vacation in Thailand I wrote several reviews of Not yet listed attractions and accommodations in last month.

Since they were not yet listed I did submit the correct form with the web link, address etc.

I have not received a single notification from the TA that they have received my new reviews, there fore I re submitted the reviews 2x (ei 3x altoghether in last month) and still did not get any response.

What's the explanation?

Thank you

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,926 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

Hi Boleslav;

New listing requests can take as long as a month to be processed and then added to the site. Until the new listing is created, and available on the site, there is nowhere for your reviews to be submitted to.

Did you receive an automated "Thank-You for your review of..." email from TA staff after you submitted your review ?

Best Regards

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

boleslav...

I think something else is a problem. You cannot submit a review unless the place is already listed. So if you submitted reviews to places not listed- that means you submitted them to to the wrong business. Hopefully they won't get published that way.

A listing for a business must exist on site before you submit a review for it.

You will have to wait until those businesses are listed (assuming they qualify for a listing here) and then you can submit your review.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

I would not agree with you that I can only write review to the already existing attraction. Anyone can submit the attraction to be added to the listing, and that's what I tried to do here. the reviews i submitted are not listed, therefore I submitted the special form provided by TA to Get listed your attraction, usually TA sends back confirmation that they have received such request and will look into it, if they find the attraction worthy, they will add it to the listed attractions or accommodations etc.

In my case I did submit the same reviews several times but never got any such confirmation.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

The review form requires you select a listing to attach your review to. I suspect you are sending your reviews to the wrong place if you think you can send a review to a place not yet listed. What form did you use to submit your review?

Edited: 08 January 2012, 19:12
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

this is a link to the form I used:

www.tripadvisor.com/ListingRequest…

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

Ok, thank you. Please note that no where on that form is there a field to enter your review. The last box is a place to put instructions to TA to find the attraction, not type your review. If you put your review on that form, it will never appear on the site. You have to use the form after the listing has been created.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,081 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

I recently tried to get some properties listed,I never received any notification they were listed ,seems there may be a problem with TA sending these notifuications out.

the 2 properies I asked to be listed were there once I searched again but I did not recieve notification of this.I would seach to see if they have been listed,this may have happened and you not have been notified.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

I double checked an none got listed on the TA.

In the initial submission I have provided web site link so that the TA staff can research the request for the listing as well as my review so that they can read it and see the reasons I would like to add those listings to the TA.

Btw. here is a note from the TA staff:

If you didn't receive automated "Thank-You for your review of..." emails for each of those reviews, TA did NOT receive them.

For those reviews, you will need to re-submit them.

My question is How many times do they want me to keep re submitting? Till I loose the patience and will stop writing the reviews?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

To summarize the above:

1. They did not get your reviews as there was no listing and you would have got a "Thank you"

2. Submit the request for a new listing. Wait. You may or may not get an email from TA when the listing is added so you can check on the site.

3. While waiting, you can write your review in a word processing program and spell-check, etc.

4. When the listing is on TripAdvisor, you can then submit your review. You can do it from the listing page if you want.

5. Once correctly submitted you will get an email from TA thanking you for your submission.

You need to use the right process in order to have your review go on TA.

L4

Edited: 09 January 2012, 18:49
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews of new listings are not getting through, Why?

L4 is totally correct. You cannot of course submit a review on something that isn't listed!!

Just follow the instructions L4 has laid out and it's very easy really, then once it's live you can submit your pre written review :)

CB