We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

I was a bit surprised, after having asked you to add "Treasures of the Earth" to Trip Advisor as a new attraction review a few days ago, to find that there were three previous reviews, one dating back to February 2010. As I have several other "attractions" that I would like to request Trip Advisor to add as reviews, may I ask when do you decide that a request is worth adding?

Regards

George Sinclair

61 replies to this topic
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi there

Adding an attraction/establishment is entirely different to adding a review.

It needs to be listed before you can review it as you may find out when you come to submit your review.

Follow the instructions before you to submit the attraction/establishment for listing.

If you have any further problems, please post back and we'll try and help you.

CB

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi there,

I think you are asking how TA decides when to list a business, and when to decline it. Well the answer is TA had a set of criteria a business must meet in order to be listed. Each category has its own set of criteria. When a member suggests a business be listed, they compare their criteria to the business, and if out passes, they will add it.

You can read the list of criteria TA uses on this webpage: www.tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted.html

I hope that helps

Noah.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Thanks for that, but I am still bamboozled by the fact that I was the 4th reviewer, the first dating to 10 months before me, and the attraction was not added to Trip Advisor until I asked. Weird?!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

George.

Are you talking about the place in Jersey? If so, its been listed on TA since 2009. You may not have found it before, but out was here got people to review.

Also indicating that it was here before you asked - it normally takes many weeks top get a new listing added. A few days just isn't enough time.

Edited: 11 January 2012, 17:19
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi

Thanks again for the response.

No, the attraction was http://www.treasuresoftheearth.co.uk/ in Corpach, a remote part of Scotland, near Fort William.

Do you know why it normally takes many weeks to get a listing added? Is it just the quantity of requests submitted and the amount of checking that is required?

Regards

George Sinclair

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hello,

Can you specify how can I request adding new attraction/hotel/restaurant to be posted on Tripadvisor?

Thanks in advance,

Jelena

7. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 19:00

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,662 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi and welcome to Tripadvisor forums, Jelena!

It depends on whether your are an owner/manager of the business or simply an member wanted a new listing to review it.

Let us know and we can direct you to an instructions page.

Silvia

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,074 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi Jelena and welcome to the forums.

Some general information about adding new properties to TripAdvisor:

The property must first be listed on TripAdvisor before you can write a review about it.

First, check the listing - many cities have additional listings on the last few pages which may not yet have been reviewed, and those will be on the last page(s) in small blue print, but not in alphabetical order. You can also use the search box at the top right of this page. It’s a good idea to try several spellings.

Then, start with this page:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview-e__2F__

(Note - The 'Hotels' category includes *all* types of lodging.)

When you fill out the submission form, at the bottom of the form you'll see an empty box. Use that to add additional information such as a telephone number, the URL for a review on any other website, or a reference in a city website. The more information you provide to TripAdvisor, the easier it is for staff to verify and add the property.

TA *usually* will send you an email when the property is listed. However, this does NOT always happen. Check the review listing if you do not hear from TA within a couple of weeks. Look at the last page(s), since a new listing will be placed at the bottom of the list, and will not be in alphabetical order.

Properties that are located in the USA or Canada seem to get added quite quickly, often within one week. Properties in other countries, especially non-English speaking ones, tend to take longer - up to a month. If a property does not have an English language website it will take longer to appear.

** Note: At the present time, there seems to be a “glitch” with the email notification system, so be sure to frequently check the review listing page to see if the new property has been added.

Thanks for taking the time and interest to add new properties to TripAdvisor :-)

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

I have been trying to add a offer the hotel has given which we were happy with however you cannot get on to hotel that you have reviewed it is only fair i add this to my complaints re the hotel

Reply to: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted