We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

I was a bit surprised, after having asked you to add "Treasures of the Earth" to Trip Advisor as a new attraction review a few days ago, to find that there were three previous reviews, one dating back to February 2010. As I have several other "attractions" that I would like to request Trip Advisor to add as reviews, may I ask when do you decide that a request is worth adding?

Regards

George Sinclair

52 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Once submitted reviews can't be edited.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,274 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi raynaudEssex;

A review is a snap-shot of your experience. It is not meant to be a running commentary.

Best Regards

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,012 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

The hotel management can respond to your review, raynaudEssex. As stated above, your review describes your personal experience on that date and you should leave it up for others to read :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,615 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

That was your experience at that time. Changing your review because of an offer from the hotel would be allowing the hotel to sanitize which reviews get posted. They could offer something to all the poor reviews they receive and be left with only good reviews. Not a balanced picture.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
116 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Have just tried out a new restaurant and want to review it but it is not yet listed. This is the Giggling Squid in Horsham. Can you add it please.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,599 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Hi Loobyloo, if you click on the link below and enter the details of this restaurant in there then you will be able to add it yourself.

https:/…UserReview-e__2F__

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

You need to do that yourself by starting at this link

https:/…UserReview-e__2F__

If the place you want to review is not yet listed , TA will then give you the opportunity to tell them the details such as address and website ( so make sure you have that information handy) and then will allow you to write your review for it and submit it. . Once they have listed the restaurant , they will then post the review you have provided them- it could take several weeks for that to occur ,depending on the workload , so be patient .

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,615 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

If you do a joint request for a listing and a review at the same time, keep a copy of your review in case the process goes sideways. Keep a copy of any review you write actually.

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

I am on a Cruise to the Caribbean. I would like to add a new review.

USA
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review

Welcome to the forum, magius2481!

TripAdvisor does not allow cruise reviews as such. You may comment on your cruise in the well hidden TripAdvisor cruise forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.… TripAdvisor directs cruisers to their sister site Cruise Critic: http://www.cruisecritic.com/

You may review shore side properties at their geographic locations. Click on "Write a Review" in the green bar at the top of most TripAdvisor pages to get started.

Reply to: Requesting Trip Advisor to add a new Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted