We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews not being posted

Boston MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews not being posted

The FAQ states reviews are posted within 12 hours most of the time. My most recent reviews, particularly the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston is not being posted. Why not? What gives?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews not being posted

How long has it been since you posted them ? It is a busy time for TA so they may take longer than usual.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews not being posted

Usually they take a day or two but they can also take two weeks or so. If they have photos, they will take longer; perhaps up to two weeks. Part of the review process is that they got through auto-filters. If, for any reason, they are set aside for review by a TA Staff member it seems to take around two weeks. Also, bear in mind that we've just passed the holiday season (fewer business days).

Have you checked to see if the review is still pending? If the review is pending in your contributions is means that the review is waiting to be vetted by TA Staff. Also, as was asked above, when did you submit the review? If it was less than two weeks and is showing in pending, then it's best to wait.

L4

Edited: 11 January 2012, 23:45
Singapore
Level Contributor
49 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews not being posted

I noticed recently that the no. of "Helpful" votes to my reviews fluctuate...strange. How did it happened?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews not being posted

I also noticed this. I made about 6 reviews on New Year's Eve, and 1 on New Year's Day. The 6 were posted the next day, the one I reviewed on New Year's Day has not been posted. It's been two weeks??

Singapore
Level Contributor
49 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews not being posted

I am also frustrated that quite a few of my pics were rejected. The reason cited was "non-original" - I edited the pics and added a pic frame. But they allowed several with pic-frame?! After re-uploading the same pics (w/o the frames), finally they pick & choose, and posted a few... I am an avid photographer. Some of the pics allowed by others reviewers were awful !

Hope the staff can better show their pic- appraisal skill.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews not being posted

Lets see, we've got questions on "helpful", reviews and pictures. I think you can imagine how confusing this thread will get. The Support Forum works best if each thread is one question. So, Seininya and jensen, if you could both copy your posts and each of you go to the main Support Forum page and "Ask a question" then each of you will have your own thread and we can problem-solve what's happening for both of you.

Thanks so much,

L4

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,537 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews not being posted

I posted 2 reviews with pics on the 31st december,one is still pending and one was just posted today, so around 2 weeks with pics seems about right,anymore than 3 weeks then there could be a problem.

I also posted reviews on 23rd december without pics and they were up withing 24 hours.

Trinidad & Tobago
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews not being posted

i try to post a video in tripadvisor and always have problem i never get frue....so how is the way!I

i have a private vacation house in trinidad and tobago and i try to downlow a video and i cant get true with yours! i would like to know the reason why!I

well let me know as soon as possible ....

thanks

jennifer

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews not being posted

Hi Jennifer

This thread is about reviews, not video uploads so your comment is in the wrong place.

Please use the orange "ask a question" button on the forum page and create your own thread otherwise this one will get more confusing than it is already!!

Thanks

CB

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews not being posted

I'm new to tripadvisor and posted a review on 29 December which I was then sent a content verification link 3 day later which I clicked, so far the review has not been posted. Its over two weeks now and I have also sent two mails using the contact us pages relating to posting of reviews and these have not been answered either. Can anyone shed any light on this as it seems that there is no way to get my first review posted and don't see the point in posting any more without at least some kind of feedback.Does anyone actually moderate either the reviews or forums that has any input at tripadvisor Any help from the forum would be great