We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Is there a way for me to notify TA of this? Basically, I had a bad dining experience and posted about it. I put reviews on 3 sites because these are the sites I consulted before choosing to dine there. The owner looked me up online, found my work e-mail, and sent me the message that follows. I responded that his looking me up was inappropriate, that his handling of the review was unprofessional, and that he should cease and desist contact with me. I'd like to let the Trip Advisor gods know about this, but how and is there any point? Here's the e-mail from the owner...

hello

i wanted to thank you originally for your constructive criticism on my restaurant. then i receive calls that you posted those on various web-sites. now i am not so grateful and do not understand ones reason or doing this. all i can think of is you want people not to come to my restaurant that my staff and i work very hard at. i guess the ultimate goal would be for us to not have customers at all, close the doors and have 38 more people on unemployment including a former student of yours whom struggles paying bill for her and her two children. this seems pretty evil coming from a women that works at such a prestigious school.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,688 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Hi there:

You might care to read these links from the Help pages and decide if you want to contact Trip Advisor by the links provided on these pages:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/can_i_be_asked_to_rem…

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/an_owner_contacted_me…

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Unfortunately the internet is not as anonymous as some people think. It would be quite easy for an owner to track you down as they would probably have had you name and address when you made the booking and your user name provides an easy link to that.

Do a google search of your real name and see how many hits you get. I am sure you will be surprised. Also try a search which one of the more "unusual" user names from here. Most people use the same name for all their forums and you will soon discover their real identity.

Mine BTW if you search for Mr Cellophane is Amos Hart ;-)

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

I know the internet is not anonymous. The problem I have is with the way the owner is handling negative reviews. If he is not prepared to handle them as a professional and in an appropriate way, it is my opinion that he should not be permitted to list his restaurant as open to reviews. THAT is what I want TA to know about.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

I have re-read the owners mail and it reads as though he already knows you !

Follow the excellent links posted by bellagio and you should be able to sort this out.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

annie, it's just not on that a restaurant has contacted you in this way regardless as to how they got your information, that shouldn't even come into it.

Use the links provided above and TA will look into it. Whatever you do, please do not ask TA to remove your review, that would just be giving in to them.

Their course of action should have been to submit a professional Management Response to your review/s, that way they would have come off in a much better light.

CB ",)

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Thanks all. I've let TA know about the situation.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,688 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Let us know what happens, though be prepared for a long wait.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

If the owner has made contact via this site directly, through the personal message system, then they will help you sort this out.

9. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 17:27
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,688 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant owner tracked me down after my negative review

Hi Patty_W , and welcome to TripAdvisor forums.

This thread from January 'belongs' to the Original Poster, annie_and_steve. It's all about the trouble she had with a particular restaurant manager. Any replies should pertain to that topic, as she may be getting notifications that there are replies to her question.

To start a new Topic, go to the Queenstown forum and ask. However, this is a travel website so your questions need to be related to travel.

If you'd like to converse with Mr_Cellophane directly, click on his name or avatar and send a Private Message.

Last, putting your personal e-mail address on a public forum is an invitation to spammers to sign you up for anything and everything. You can delete your post by clicking 'report inappropriate content' and 'remove my post.'

I hope you are successful in your travels.